I'm being lazy, I know, but. . .

TKS

I've not sailed X in a couple years and a quick perusal of the Celebrity website didn't reveal an answer for my question, so I knew the CC community would respond.

Can someone tell me what the daily gratuity onboard Solstice is currently? And if one is traveling solo, is the gratuity 1x or 2x?

Thanks for your patience with my laziness.

According to Celebrity's website, in the FAQ section, it states $12.95 a day for regular cabins, $13.45 a day for Concierge and Aqua Class and $16.45 for Suites.

When I cruise solo the charge was 1 1/2 the regular daily rate.

I sail solo often. I never have been charged 1.5 times the daily gratuities as another poster indicated.

I only get charged the daily gratuity for 1 person.

I suspect the other poster was suggesting they were fortunate enough to get a fare at only 1.5 times the per person fare and didn't have to pay the full single supplement, which would be unusual on Celebrity, though it does happen, it's typically 2x except for some unique sailings and promotions.

As a solo, you will earn double Captain's Club Points if you pay the full single supplement, and if choosing a BBB promotional offer, you will get $300 OBC, even though it's advertised as $150 per person - it is $300 per cabin, so consider that versus a beverage package based on your cruise length if you qualify for a BBB perk.

I should have been more clear, but since the OP was only asking about gratuities and not solo cruise fares, I assumed it would be clear that my response of 1 1/2, pertained to what solos pay in gratuities.

I have only paid 1x gratuity as a solo, never 1.5x.

Solo fares generally work like:

Per Person cruise fare x 2

Taxes & Fees x 1

Gratuities x 1

So to add a second person to the cabin, one only needs pay the taxes and fees for the add, and gratuities for the add on, unless a solo traveler got a deal on the fare, then they would need to pay the difference in what was paid versus full fare for the 2nd person

Never traveled solo, but I would question why a solo passenger would need to pay gratuities at one and a half. A steward wouldn't have to do one and a half times more work for a solo passenger would he or she? Just wondering about it.

I'm not questioning the validity of the statement by the poster, I'm just wondering what the logic would be of requiring such a tip.

Edited by Gangway Style

I've not sailed X in a couple years and a quick perusal of the Celebrity website didn't reveal an answer for my question, so I knew the CC community would respond.

Can someone tell me what the daily gratuity onboard Solstice is currently? And if one is traveling solo, is the gratuity 1x or 2x?

Thanks for your patience with my laziness.

• $12.95 per person per day in Staterooms
  • $13.45 per person per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms
  • $16.45 per person per day in Suites

Gratuity amounts for a single occupancy stateroom are not doubled.

• $12.95 per person per day in Staterooms
  • $13.45 per person per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms
  • $16.45 per person per day in Suites

Gratuity amounts for a single occupancy stateroom are not doubled.

True, even though the stateroom attendants must do as much work for one person in a cabin as for two.

They still need to vacuum and dust the entire cabin, clean the bathroom, make the bed and change the sheets, the same as for 2 people with the beds together.

That is why the people we know who travel solo always give extra tips to the stateroom attendants, more than what they each tip when traveling as a couple.

Just something to consider,

- unless Celebrity Cruises knows something we don't know and can assure us that the stateroom attendants are compensated by the cruise line for solo passengers to equal the gratuities that they lose by not having 2 passengers in the stateroom.

Although that seems unlikely, it would be good to know, either way.

True, even though the stateroom attendants must do as much work for one person in a cabin as for two.

They still need to vacuum and dust the entire cabin, clean the bathroom, make the bed and change the sheets, the same as for 2 people with the beds together.

On the flip side, a cabin with 3 has no more carpet to vaccuum, no more bathroom to clean no more spaces to dust, just an extra bed to make and an extra towel to leave.

And further a cabin with 4, has only 1 more towel to leave and not even an extra bed o worry about.

It all evens out.

I've cleaned hundreds of hotel rooms, (inspected thousands) it really isn't that big of a deal to clean a room for 1 versus 2 3 or 4, a housekeeper can make a bed in less than 3 minutes. And no extra bed making is needed when the beds left together.

Edited by cle-guy