No mozzerella sticks or chicken fingers???

MotherofTrips

Fries cover in gravy and cheese curds.

Deliciousness is what it is. [emoji489][emoji893]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, yes it is - I'm surprise that they are serving it now. Makes up for losing mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders (well, to me anyway...)

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

To me, it is definitely an acquired taste. They served in to us in Canada. Fries with gravy, yes, but add those cheese curds and it was a big no for me.

I think people are turned by the word curd. I love cheese and I love gravy so it is a win win. Around here poutine is hard to come by but some places do disco fries. Only difference is the curds are replaced by either nacho cheese or shredded cheese. All equally as good.

I think people are turned by the word curd. I love cheese and I love gravy so it is a win win. Around here poutine is hard to come by but some places do disco fries. Only difference is the curds are replaced by either nacho cheese or shredded cheese. All equally as good.

I lived in Minnesota so, I am use to cheese curds, so that wasn't it, it was the mix of the gravy and cheese. I did taste it, but could only do one taste. Sorry, replacing nacho cheese even sounds worse to me...why not velvetta:D Edited by NLH Arizona

I can't believe people are actually going to miss those sad mozzarella sticks, lol. I love cheese sticks, and will usually get them if they're on an appetizer menu, but those were just gross. I tried them on both the Breakaway and the Epic, and they were terrible on both ships. They tasted and looked like they'd been sitting in a warming tray for too long, or had been microwaved, and weren't even remotely hot and stretchy/gooey. Blech. They were definitely not freshly fried. And I tried them several times on both ships in hopes that they'd improve, but they never did.

This just goes to show that different people have very different tastes. I love wings but the wings at O'sheehans on the breakaway this past September left a lot to be desired IMO. However everything else was very good.

You are absolutely wright. My experience was 2 years ago on the BA and I was very disappointed with the chicken pot pie and the burgers...but both had great reviews then...just not to my taste....

What is poultine?

Hi,

Poutine was invented here in Quebec a long time ago. Actually two small tows are arguing about who actually invented it...it'a almost a war because Poutine is very very popular here.

Some restaurants specialize in Poutine and can offer up to 50 kind of poutine and the best one IMO is Poutineville who offers some "pre made" poutine and also a menu on which you can choose your type of fries, your type of cheese, veggies, meats and gravy !!! DELICIOUS !!!

If you are all curious : http://www.poutineville.com/en/menu.html

Comfort food at it's best !!!

Have fun !

Both were on the menu on the Getaway 2 days ago. We got the Mozzarella sticks (not great) and artichoke dip (really good). I saw the chicken pot pie the other day also. My favorite is the fish & chips.

Pretty sure the Escape is the only ship with the brand new menus so far. No mozzarella sticks, chicken pot pie, or chicken fingers. I know it's been posted. It's definitely upgraded.

I'm a Brit and I like poutine!

now if only they'd get some black pudding in there for breakfast....

a proper slice of bacon, and a british sausage... although i think british style sausage is occasionally available ;)

now if only they'd get some black pudding in there for breakfast....

They do at the buffet… :)

blk_puddng_zpsq5avshtp.jpg

They also have back bacon, and those thick sausages with the soft mushy texture and low percentage of meat content… :p

A real fried breakfast at O'Sheehan's would be great!

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Hi,

Poutine was invented here in Quebec a long time ago. Actually two small tows are arguing about who actually invented it...it'a almost a war because Poutine is very very popular here.

Some restaurants specialize in Poutine and can offer up to 50 kind of poutine and the best one IMO is Poutineville who offers some "pre made" poutine and also a menu on which you can choose your type of fries, your type of cheese, veggies, meats and gravy !!! DELICIOUS !!!

If you are all curious : http://www.poutineville.com/en/menu.html

Comfort food at it's best !!!

Have fun !

Isn't poutine something that you eat after a night out drinking?

They do at the buffet… :)

blk_puddng_zpsq5avshtp.jpg

They also have back bacon, and those thick sausages with the soft mushy texture and low percentage of meat content… :p

A real fried breakfast at O'Sheehan's would be great!

Black pudding? On the Buffet? Proper sausage and bacon!

Be still my beating heart!!!

(which it might be if I have that every day!!)