Anthem sails under the Verrazano for the very first time...

Turtles06

Yikes! That looks a little close for comfort. I guess whether or not she can sail under it may be determined by the tides.

Not as close as it looks. Sailed the Quantum in Feb. and looked up at the Verrazano and there was plenty of space in between.

... and just makes it. :) This was at 3:30 AM on Wednesday (Nov. 4); we had a BEAUTIFUL morning for the sail-in at the end of our fabulous TA.

(photos by turtles06)

I am amazed by how many people are awake at 3:30am to watch this!!! :eek::eek: I couldn't do it if I tried!!

I am amazed by how many people are awake at 3:30am to watch this!!! :eek::eek: I couldn't do it if I tried!!

If you'd been on the TA, this was a huge deal. They started the sail-in party about 3 AM. But with our final time change that night, it was 4 AM body time. Easy peasy. LOL!

(Seriously, it was not to be missed. We just went to bed a little earlier and knew we'd be a little more tired.)

Yikes! That looks a little close for comfort. I guess whether or not she can sail under it may be determined by the tides.

It's a very cool optical illusion when you sail under the Verrazzano! Looks like the top of the ship will get chopped off for sure! But there's plenty of space. As long as we leave on time!

Below are some shots I did screen prints of from the Achieved files of the NY Harbor webcam for Nov.4th.

We'll be on her in just over 8 weeks.

Thanks for sharing this. I watch the port web cams often, but didn't realize they had an archive. Nice to have the photos from our sail-in.

And now I can see that a lot of my fellow passengers in exterior cabins did NOT pay attention to Captain Claus's request to turn on their lights because it makes for better photos! :p

Have a great cruise!