Diamond on RCI = Celebrity Elite?

faze41

Question here: If we are Diamond on RCI but only Classic on Celebrity (based on actual Celebrity sailings)

1. Does that transfer to Elite on Celebrity?

2. If so, how do we claim our benefits?

Looking to book a cruise next fall on Celebrity Equinox in Aqua Class. Thanks for any clarification you can give us. Our phones are not working so I can't call Celebrity right now.

Signed,

Confused in Costa Rica

Question here: If we are Diamond on RCI but only Classic on Celebrity (based on actual Celebrity sailings)

1. Does that transfer to Elite on Celebrity?

2. If so, how do we claim our benefits?

Looking to book a cruise next fall on Celebrity Equinox in Aqua Class. Thanks for any clarification you can give us. Our phones are not working so I can't call Celebrity right now.

Signed,

Confused in Costa Rica

Diamond members of Crown & Anchor Society do receive reciprocal benefits with Captain's Club.

As an Elite member, you will receive the following benefits:

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation*

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

• Receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership (earn free rentals) with weekly rental discounts, free upgrades, and other special offers.

You do need to call and get a CC number and have it associated with any open reservations. They have to know your coming.

Thanks to all for the info! I will call as soon as our phones are back up and working.

We've enjoyed the Elite social hours on Celebrity. An area of a nice view lounge was designated for the Elite social hour, which ran about two hours. The atmosphere and conversation with fellow cruisers was something we looked forward to each day. If you enjoy mixed drinks, the quality of the drinks was good, much better than my most recent cruise with Royal. Appetizers were not self-serve, but rather offered (hot and freshly made) by waitstaff. We also enjoyed talking with the Captain's Club concierge. We have found the Elite social hours to be a bit more subdued than the nearly four hour Diamond social hours on Royal. Perhaps that is a function of less time for free drinks!

We've enjoyed the Elite social hours on Celebrity. An area of a nice view lounge was designated for the Elite social hour, which ran about two hours. The atmosphere and conversation with fellow cruisers was something we looked forward to each day. If you enjoy mixed drinks, the quality of the drinks was good, much better than my most recent cruise with Royal. Appetizers were not self-serve, but rather offered (hot and freshly made) by waitstaff. We also enjoyed talking with the Captain's Club concierge. We have found the Elite social hours to be a bit more subdued than the nearly four hour Diamond social hours on Royal. Perhaps that is a function of less time for free drinks!

We cruise X and RCI. Our opinion of X Happy Hour is much different than yours. Yes, X does have their Happy Hour 5-7PM in the Sky Lounge on Deck 14 which does provide an excellent view on the S-Class ships. We no longer cruise the M-Class ships.

On RCI the Happy Hour is from 5-8:30Pm. RCI does not use coupons (paper) and has the function every evening and in addition, RCI loads 3 additional drinks on your Ship Card.

However, when X uses the 3 coupons per night that is really a short coming. You have to use paper coupons and even if you are in the Sky Lounge you must use your coupons. Those 3 coupons are only good for that night. On X there is no Happy Hour the first night of the cruise and the Sr. Officer Night. Sr. Officer Night is normally split up for 2 function that one evening. When they do split it up it is very crowded and they hold it from 5-6Pm and at 6Pm you are requested to leave so they can clean up for the next group of people. Even if you have not finished your drink, they ask you to leave. With the coupons, on our last X cruise, they did allow anyone and everyone into the lounge since you had to present your coupons to get your drinks. So, there were others in the lounge, not only Elite and above. That really didn't matter, but it tended to be more crowded.

The appetizers even though served, are very limited and not hot/warm. Whereas, with RCI there are much more of a variety such as chicken wings, shrimp, cheese, veggies, etc., that you serve yourself. There are more servers with RCI than with X during this function.

As for X's being more subdued, fully don't understand that comment. Never had a problem with either one being not subdued. LOL

In the past year we have done 4 RCI and 4 X cruises so we have seen what each does and we prefer RCIs much better. Better service, more drink options and better food. That is our opinion.

I can't compare the 2 since this is also our first Celebrity cruise but we are Diamond Plus with Royal. We have had some of the BEST SERVICE onboard in both the diamond and concierge lounges on Royal. We have enjoyed getting to know them and they are absolutely incredible people. We did appreciate the vouchers when we sailed in a suite and our daughters were not in a suite. We are still able to enjoy pre dinner drinks with them.

We cruise X and RCI. Our opinion of X Happy Hour is much different than yours. Yes, X does have their Happy Hour 5-7PM in the Sky Lounge on Deck 14 which does provide an excellent view on the S-Class ships. We no longer cruise the M-Class ships.

On RCI the Happy Hour is from 5-8:30Pm. RCI does not use coupons (paper) and has the function every evening and in addition, RCI loads 3 additional drinks on your Ship Card.

However, when X uses the 3 coupons per night that is really a short coming. You have to use paper coupons and even if you are in the Sky Lounge you must use your coupons. Those 3 coupons are only good for that night. On X there is no Happy Hour the first night of the cruise and the Sr. Officer Night. Sr. Officer Night is normally split up for 2 function that one evening. When they do split it up it is very crowded and they hold it from 5-6Pm and at 6Pm you are requested to leave so they can clean up for the next group of people. Even if you have not finished your drink, they ask you to leave. With the coupons, on our last X cruise, they did allow anyone and everyone into the lounge since you had to present your coupons to get your drinks. So, there were others in the lounge, not only Elite and above. That really didn't matter, but it tended to be more crowded.

The appetizers even though served, are very limited and not hot/warm. Whereas, with RCI there are much more of a variety such as chicken wings, shrimp, cheese, veggies, etc., that you serve yourself. There are more servers with RCI than with X during this function.

As for X's being more subdued, fully don't understand that comment. Never had a problem with either one being not subdued. LOL

In the past year we have done 4 RCI and 4 X cruises so we have seen what each does and we prefer RCIs much better. Better service, more drink options and better food. That is our opinion.

We cruised Celebrity Summit in September (had the coupons) and just got off RCCL Liberty last Sunday. My DH and I agree with your assessment of the happy hours offered and feel RCCL does a much better job.

Our last 2 Celebrity cruises appetizers(hot and cold) were few and far beween.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We cruised Celebrity Summit in September (had the coupons) and just got off RCCL Liberty last Sunday. My DH and I agree with your assessment of the happy hours offered and feel RCCL does a much better job.

Our last 2 Celebrity cruises appetizers(hot and cold) were few and far beween.

Thanks for your input!

What surprises us the most about Xs HH is that when they pass the food around, it is about 20 little pieces on a tray and only 3 or 4 people are serving. By the time they get around the pieces are cold and very little choice. Whereas on RCI, you can go up when you want to get food. On X the little pieces of chicken come out about 6:15 in a whiskey glass. We have heard people say to the servers, 'when is the hot stuff coming out?'

I am not knocking X, just expressing our opinion. We are Elite+ and Diamond+.

Thanks for your input!

What surprises us the most about Xs HH is that when they pass the food around, it is about 20 little pieces on a tray and only 3 or 4 people are serving. By the time they get around the pieces are cold and very little choice. Whereas on RCI, you can go up when you want to get food. On X the little pieces of chicken come out about 6:15 in a whiskey glass. We have heard people say to the servers, 'when is the hot stuff coming out?'

I am not knocking X, just expressing our opinion. We are Elite+ and Diamond+.

We are also Elite+ on Celebrity but only Diamond on RCCL. Again, we have had the same experience regarding the appetizers on Celebrity. I believe our last cruise in September there were only 2 or 3 servers.

I know it varies a lot from cruise to cruise, especially dependent on the length of cruise and number of Diamonds or Elites frequenting the lounge. My opinion is just that, an opinion. I don't drink much and have just enjoyed the conversation more in the Celebrity venue. That is not to discredit Royal and their generous drink and lounge benefits. Our most recent Royal cruise was a 15 nighter where over 700 diamonds made the social hour a less than memorable experience. Other Royal cruises have been different. We enjoy the time to socialize and appreciate the venues provided by both cruise lines.

I know it varies a lot from cruise to cruise, especially dependent on the length of cruise and number of Diamonds or Elites frequenting the lounge. My opinion is just that, an opinion. I don't drink much and have just enjoyed the conversation more in the Celebrity venue. That is not to discredit Royal and their generous drink and lounge benefits. Our most recent Royal cruise was a 15 nighter where over 700 diamonds made the social hour a less than memorable experience. Other Royal cruises have been different. We enjoy the time to socialize and appreciate the venues provided by both cruise lines.

Fully understand what you are saying. We were on the Liberty OTS and there were over 700 Diamond and above. They held the evening Happy Hour in a Lounge which was excellent. Normally on Celebrity, if there are over 500 they use 3 coupons per evening. Would rather have the RCI HH than the X HH.

Fully understand what you are saying. We were on the Liberty OTS and there were over 700 Diamond and above. They held the evening Happy Hour in a Lounge which was excellent. Normally on Celebrity, if there are over 500 they use 3 coupons per evening. Would rather have the RCI HH than the X HH.

Agree. Good point.

I'm D on RCCL so is now elite on X, but haven't cruised yet on X but soon will if I find a good IT.

So really thanks guys for all the info about the differences between RCCL's happy hours and X's.

I really enjoy RCCL's happy hours, it is adequate at 3.5 hours, have a private dedicated lounge, the 3 drink coupons per night that overlaps the lounge happy hours, and I agree that the self service lounge hot food in RCCL is superb. The happy hour food is actually one of the highlights in addition to those free drinks.

Been Elite plus for sometime and even got to enjoy Michaels club while doing a celebrity suite. My opinion is that RCCL does better.

That is one reason we have chosen to do the 24 day Transpacific in in suite on RCCL this April 23 and loose those great points on celebrity to reaching Zenith.

RCCL's lounge was really nice.