Change booking questions

alexadeparis

Hi I recently booked a cruise with NCL. Was toying with the idea that I may want to either change the stateroom number and / or upgrade the room type, but I don't see that change option anywhere when I go into the booking details? All clicking on the stateroom number gets me are pictures of the room types. Or is this something I have to call NCL to ask about price differences / room differences?

Edited by alexadeparis

Hi I recently booked a cruise with NCL. Was toying with the idea that I may want to either change the stateroom number and / or upgrade the room type, but I don't see that change option anywhere when I go into the booking details? All clicking on the stateroom number gets me are pictures of the room types. Or is this something I have to call NCL to ask about price differences / room differences?

If you booked directly with NCL you can phone and talk to them about it. However, if you did the booking through a Travel Agent, then NCL will only make changes through your travel agent.

It was direct online. So I can't make changes myself online? I have to call and talk to them? Seems if I book online, I should be able to change online. :confused:

That might seem logical to you, me and thousands of others. But since when has NCL done or allowed anything logical!! :eek:

Mike

That might seem logical to you, me and thousands of others. But since when has NCL done or allowed anything logical!! :eek:

Mike

Lol. :p Well as a first time cruiser, I don't necessarily know how NCL does things, but judging by the titles of threads in this forum :eek:, I am glad that I only booked a two day cruise, just in case I don't like it.

Lol. :p Well as a first time cruiser, I don't necessarily know how NCL does things, but judging by the titles of threads in this forum :eek:, I am glad that I only booked a two day cruise, just in case I don't like it.

I hope that you enjoy your 2 days but is that enough of a test? :D Our first NCL was 7 days and we love the actual cruising but not the b... s... that we are fed from Miami. ;)

Good luck and I hope you really enjoy yourself; make the most of it.

Mike

I hope that you enjoy your 2 days but is that enough of a test? :D Our first NCL was 7 days and we love the actual cruising but not the b... s... that we are fed from Miami. ;)

Good luck and I hope you really enjoy yourself; make the most of it.

Mike

I am afraid of getting seasick, so we will combine with some land based sightseeing, if all goes well, we will probably graduate to a 7 day cruise at some point.

It was direct online. So I can't make changes myself online? I have to call and talk to them? Seems if I book online, I should be able to change online. :confused:
Ideally, yes, but changes can be a lot more complicated than the initial booking, since promos and other booking conditions may have changed, the cancellation policy may have kicked in, and in general the changes you want to make may have unforeseen consequences that someone on the phone should be able to warn you about before you pull the trigger. Also, if you are looking to change cabins or cabin types, they may be able to offer you different selection and pricing than what you see on the website for new bookings.

But I think the main reason they don't let you change things on-line is because they don't want to make it too easy for you to make changes, or (worse yet) cancel. They want to make it easy to book, easy to add extras to your booking, but more difficult to change your mind about any of it.

Ideally, yes, but changes can be a lot more complicated than the initial booking, since promos and other booking conditions may have changed, the cancellation policy may have kicked in, and in general the changes you want to make may have unforeseen consequences that someone on the phone should be able to warn you about before you pull the trigger. Also, if you are looking to change cabins or cabin types, they may be able to offer you different selection and pricing than what you see on the website for new bookings.

But I think the main reason they don't let you change things on-line is because they don't want to make it too easy for you to make changes, or (worse yet) cancel. They want to make it easy to book, easy to add extras to your booking, but more difficult to change your mind about any of it.

Makes sense that they wouldn't want me to easily cancel, but upgrade should be simple enough I would think. I think I will leave it as it is for now. If a great upgrade come along right before hand, I will mess with it then.