Carrying your own sodas or drinks on?

ryzmom

Silly question.....

How many can or bottled sodas do you carry on? Where do you put them? In your suitcase, carry-on or another bag? Do they check it? I am a Coca-Cola drinker and I want to save some money and carry my own on like everyone else, but I don't know exactly how it's done. So, please give me some tips and info on it! :confused:

Thanks!

We've taken 12 packs onto Princess and Celebrity right in the open, no questions asked.

If you want specific info here, though, you're best off asking on the board dedicated to the cruiseline you're going to be on as all lines don't treat everything the same as each other

I usually take a 12-pack of cans onboard. It's never been a problem. Of the mainstream lines, the only one that has an official policy regarding non-alcoholic beverages is Carnival (as far as I can determine). They reserve the right to limit the amount brought onboard. Here's the official wording from Carnival's web site:

"Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded."

i have always taken on a 12 pack of soda and a few bottles of wine on in my carry on bag for my carnival cruises. no problem. i have never tried to take on any hard liquar or beer so i dont know about that. i am glad to read that they dont care about the soda being brought on in the ports. i am a pepsi drinker and would rather have that than coke.

Quote: "We put it in a soft sided cooler and check it with our checked luggage (it is heavy). Never had a problem."

Please take it as a carry-on. Have you ever seen how they stack all the baggage in the cargo containers? No one would appreciate having their luggage soaked by someones smashed bottles or cans in their luggage.

We bring a 12 pack of Coke, a 12 pack of water bottles, bubble wrapped bottles of wine, and a bottle of rum all packed in a hardside suitcase that we check at the pier. Have done this many times. We don't pack anything else in that case, just filling gaps with bubble wrap. We have never had a problem, and have an empty case at the end of the cruise to pack things we buy during our vacation or clothes and things we packed tightly in the other suitcases before the cruise. Works great!

The six of us cruising in Dec. are all big soda drinkers. In the past we have purchased the drink cards. We would need to bring 12-15 12-packs to last us the 10 days. Would that even be possible, or should we stick to the drink cards?

beth, i am ' positive ' that carnival would consider this way beyond their reasonable amount of soda that could be brought on. i would stick to the soda card. also getting that many 12 packs onboard would be a real pain.

have a great time :)

The six of us cruising in Dec. are all big soda drinkers. In the past we have purchased the drink cards. We would need to bring 12-15 12-packs to last us the 10 days. Would that even be possible, or should we stick to the drink cards?

I think that if you EACH carry your own 12-pack, it wouldn't pose any problem at all. Two 12-packs each might seem excessive. You can always buy more in ports.

Archived