Mariner of the Seas From Singapore 10/22/15- Complete Picture Review!

gapearl

Thank you Kim! Your review was amazing!

I am going to HK as well after Singapore so everything in your review (except for Langkawi) was pretty much where we are going!

Good luck for your next adventure!

Will have to try and review my trip from a first time cruiser's perspective...may not be anywhere as detailed as yours though!

Awesome! What do you have planned for Langkawi? No one seems interested in the bridge lol. I would love to read your review when you get back. You picked a good first cruise!

Thank You, Kim. What a wonderful trip review! Your review was so detailed, as they always are. I was also concerned about that beach not having any people there. Did you stay long enough to get in the water? I would have been outta there! :). Girl, the next time I am in ATL, we will have to plan another lunch. Take care, and I look forward to your next review.

Hey Gloria! No I never got in the water on the last beach. I didn't have a beach day planned at all for HK, but since it was so close to where I was staying, I just wanted to see it. Have fun on your cruise this weekend and I look forward to meeting up again! :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.:) It's been a few years since I've seen anything about Mariner.

Thanks Bob! No there's not much on the Mariner out there and I had much of nothing to help plan my trip, so I hope this was helpful to others. :)

This review has been my daily lunchtime entertainment! Thanks so much for doing it.

Can't wait for your next cruise haha... :D

Thanks Monica! My next cruise is soooooo far away though. :( Glad you enjoyed it.

Fabulous review, Kim! Very entertaining. Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise here. I will definitely be referring to your review should I decide to take a cruise when I go to SE Asia. Have fun planning your next trip! Tanzania and the Seychelles sound wonderful, but so do Cancun and Roatan. So many places to see, and never enough money or time!

Thanks a lot girl! You never know, you might find yourself wanting to book a SE Asia trip one day. It wasn't even on my radar until about 8-9 months before I cruised, when I booked. I can't wait to go to Africa and do a safari. That's going to be the best trip ever I'm sure. I'd love to one day say I've been to 100 countries. :)

0a36d625-0025-4b0c-b093-267044307eef_zpsby2fsgn5.jpg[/size]

:eek::eek: That is NOT the WCMC with TWO ice creams we are used to seeing in your reviews. It's like your cornbread issues, but now with the chocolate soufflé.:D

So excited I found this review! Great pictures and great review!

Even though I have ZERO desire to do this itinerary, it's still a great review, and it's YOURS. How can we NOT love it?

Keep up the great work!!!!

Hahahaha I missed the cornbread this cruise! :D It's funny. I think Royal does dessert better in the buffet than Carnival, and I think Carnival does dessert better in the MDR than Royal. I need to try thr wcmc recipe here at home one day. I'm so glad you enjoyed!

Thanks Bob! No there's not much on the Mariner out there and I had much of nothing to help plan my trip, so I hope this was helpful to others. :)

Thanks Monica! My next cruise is soooooo far away though. :( Glad you enjoyed it.

Kim, another great review complete with tiger and elephants and all sorts of exotica.

Thanks for taking me along for the ride.

I am not happy that you don't have another cruise planned....

Cheers!

Norris

Loved your review!!!! I saw this in your upcoming cruises a while back and have been sooooo looking forward to it. Most of my friends do not want to do an Asian cruise at all so I think when I do it will be a solo cruise for me. I lived in Japan for 2 years way back in the 90s and really miss all of Asia but want to do one that goes to Japan so I can relive my glory days. :D

Trix

Kim thanks so much for taking the time and effort in doing your review it was fabulous as always and i must tell you you are a brave woman for doing such a long vacation by yourself and especially laying next to a tiger. I cant wait for your next adventure. Have a great holiday season!!!!!!

Awesome! What do you have planned for Langkawi? No one seems interested in the bridge lol. I would love to read your review when you get back. You picked a good first cruise!

Kim, My cruise isn't going to Langkawi :confused:

My cruise is going to all the other places though. Plus we are also going to Hong Kong after as well (except we are going to Disneyland)!

Edited by kezball

Awesome review Kim! I'm a follower of your reviews from the Carnival board...Royal is definitely not my cruise line of choice (long story), but they do go to a variety of international ports. Are you moving to Central America ( think you had mentioned that in a review)?

I'd love to travel to Asia some day, but will probably have to at least wait until my child is a teenager. I need to go to that pool in Singapore!!! Thanks for devoting the time and energy to the review!

A thoughtful and entertaining review as usual. I really liked your photos of Hong Kong. I had not realized what a beautiful city it is. Did you post a link on the Carnival boards, so that they can enjoy your review as well? I know we did.

Oops! I just found the link you posted yesterday!

What a better way to start my Thanksgiving weekend than by reading one of your reviews? I loved it! Thanks so much for writing another detailed, super exciting, interesting review and posting so many pictures! I live in Miami, and have only sailed on cruises out of Miami to the Caribbean. Hawaii and Europe cruises are on my bucket list. I have to start planning. I'm a teacher and am off the whole summer.

I love reading your reviews. You are a great story teller!! You have such amazing clothes and fashion sense. I was hoping for a detailed OOTD review with where you bought everything included.

On our last Carnival cruise my husband was served "corn bread" with his meal and had to ask the server what it was. I immediately thought of your reviews and laughed to myself. :D

Kim, what can I say. Another WONDERFUL review!! Thanks for taking us along for the ride, and to places I probably will never get to see in person. BRAVO!!!

Hey Jeff! Thanks for venturing over here. Now that I've finally finished writing this, I have a lot of catching up to do on review reading. I just opened yours and ready to get started on it. :)

Kim, another great review complete with tiger and elephants and all sorts of exotica.

Thanks for taking me along for the ride.

I am not happy that you don't have another cruise planned....

Cheers!

Norris

Hi Norris! Thanks for reading! I do have two cruises planned, but they're a long way off. :( You never know. If I can find a good deal between now and September, I just might book something else. ;)

Great review! I lived in Japan for 4.5 years and, even with your wonderful review, I have no desire to go back to Asia. I'm glad you had such a great time. You're very brave to do all that traveling by yourself!

That's pretty cool that you lived in Japan. It's not far up my must visit soon list, but maybe one day. Everyone I know that's been there loved it. People tell me all the time how brave I am to travel by myself, but honestly I don't think anything of it because it's so second nature to me. I've taken a couple of trips with a friend but am honestly at a point where I like to keep my trip as my trip and not our trip. I love being able to do everything I want to do and on my own time. I'm sure that will change though if and when I might meet the man of my dreams, but until then, I'll continue to travel solo. :)

Loved your review!!!! I saw this in your upcoming cruises a while back and have been sooooo looking forward to it. Most of my friends do not want to do an Asian cruise at all so I think when I do it will be a solo cruise for me. I lived in Japan for 2 years way back in the 90s and really miss all of Asia but want to do one that goes to Japan so I can relive my glory days. :D

Trix

Hey Trix! Why don't your friends want to do an Asian cruise? Maybe they need to read this. :p At least you know you can do it solo if you have to. I think some of the cruises from China have stops in Japan, so you should check those out.

Kim thanks so much for taking the time and effort in doing your review it was fabulous as always and i must tell you you are a brave woman for doing such a long vacation by yourself and especially laying next to a tiger. I cant wait for your next adventure. Have a great holiday season!!!!!!

Awwww thank you! The tiger was nothing. I'm going to go cage diving with the great white sharks one day! Here in Atlanta at the Georgia Aquarium, you can swim with the whale sharks for $250. I've been talking about doing that for at least a year now so it's just a matter of when. The older I get, the more adventerous I seem to get. :D I hope you enjoy your holidays as well!

Great job as always Kim, your reviews and pictures are just fantastic and yes you are a brave lady doing all this traveling by yourself. Thanks for your time and effort.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

Wonderful review as always! I enjoyed reading about your adventurous trip!

Thank you so much for reading and all the nice words you've left along the way. :)

Kim Thank you so much... luv the review... your pictures are beautiful...:)

I'm glad you enjoyed! Thanks for taking the time to read!

Kim, My cruise isn't going to Langkawi :confused:

My cruise is going to all the other places though. Plus we are also going to Hong Kong after as well (except we are going to Disneyland)!

Disneyland in Hong Kong is on Lantau Island, where I stayed. There's a cable car you can ride there and go up to the Big Buddha if you have time. Have a blast! Hong Kong was definitely a cool place.

Awesome review Kim! I'm a follower of your reviews from the Carnival board...Royal is definitely not my cruise line of choice (long story), but they do go to a variety of international ports. Are you moving to Central America ( think you had mentioned that in a review)?

I'd love to travel to Asia some day, but will probably have to at least wait until my child is a teenager. I need to go to that pool in Singapore!!! Thanks for devoting the time and energy to the review!

Sorry you didn't have a good experience on Royal. I might give them a try one day out of Florida. Maybe if there is a next time for you, it'll be a better experience. The Marina Bay pool should be on everyone's bucket list!

I did entertain the idea of living in Central America for a year or 2, nothing permanent, and started researching it a little bit earlier this year. I love the culture, it would help me develop my fluency in Spanish, I could live cheaply and still keep my job. I'm putting that off though and planning to move to the west coast by next summer. However if I'm still single in the next 3ish years, I can almost guarantee it will happen. I've also considered buying property in San Juan, PR (one of my favorite places in the world) and spending a week down there every month and renting it out when I'm not there. I shut that idea down fast though because saving to buy another house would mean all of my other traveling would STOP and I don't want to do that.

A thoughtful and entertaining review as usual. I really liked your photos of Hong Kong. I had not realized what a beautiful city it is. Did you post a link on the Carnival boards, so that they can enjoy your review as well? I know we did.

Thank you for reading! I also didn't know how pretty and green Hong Kong is. I definitely would like to go back for another couple of days the next time I travel to Asia. I did post the link on the Carvival board, and quite a few people have ventured over here. :)

What a better way to start my Thanksgiving weekend than by reading one of your reviews? I loved it! Thanks so much for writing another detailed, super exciting, interesting review and posting so many pictures! I live in Miami, and have only sailed on cruises out of Miami to the Caribbean. Hawaii and Europe cruises are on my bucket list. I have to start planning. I'm a teacher and am off the whole summer.

Well I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and my review! LOL I would love to live in Miami to be right there at the ships. I wonder if I would book those little 3 day cruises the day before, just because. Europe will be so pretty to visit in the summer. You should consider booking one soon. :)

Kim, I don't post very often, but I do want to say that your reviews are among the handful that I really look forward to reading. Great job as always!!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the nice words!

I love reading your reviews. You are a great story teller!! You have such amazing clothes and fashion sense. I was hoping for a detailed OOTD review with where you bought everything included.

On our last Carnival cruise my husband was served "corn bread" with his meal and had to ask the server what it was. I immediately thought of your reviews and laughed to myself. :D

Thank you! Actually all of the dresses I brought for dinner were recycled dresses I've only worn once before and you've seen them in other reviews already. I had to cut back somewhere with the budget LOL. The only new dress I wore was the one shoulder on formal night. That was a Jessica Simpson I bought about a year ago but never wore. Since I skipped dinner in the MDR half the cruise and didn't have new dresses, I didn't have any good OOTD posts. I promise to make it up in the next review though. :D I don't think anyone will ever look at cornbread the same after my reviews! hahahahaha :p

WOW what a review, loved all the pictures and your comments. Going back to read your other reviews. When is the next trip/

Norma

Hi Norma, thanks for reading! The next trip is in Febriary to Cancun or Costa Rica as of now but that could change (it was Cancun or Roatan a week ago lol), and the next cruise is September. It's still my dream to be on The Amazing Race. Now THAT would be the trip of a lifetime! But not until after I lose 20 pounds (since the camera adds 10) and my new teeth bling (braces) comes off.