Advise on these hotels..

kbh2

Trying to decide among a couple different hotels and need advise.

1.Days Inn Miami Beach/Oceanside

2.Days Inn & Suites North Beach/Oceanfront

Has anyone stayed in either of these? Do either have free shuttle to POM and or Fort Lauderdale airport or cost of taxi or shuttle to get to POM from either of these.

Thank you in advance.

Just to be sure I have it straight:

• You are flying in and out of FLL airport
  • You are cruising out of PortMiami
  • You want to stay on Miami Beach before (or after) your cruise
  • You are trying to do so the least expensive way possible

Whatever you saved by flying to FLL rather than MIA will be more than spent on transport. "Free" shuttles to PortMiami from any hotel are non-existent. Nor from any hotel anywhere in Miami to FLL. A taxi from FLL to Miami Beach will be in the $100 range and could take close to an hour depending on the time of day. There may be shared shuttles available but they will certainly make multiple stops before getting to your hotel.

Both of the Days Inns you mention are old and very spartan. The North Beach location is on a block of otherwise long shut down and boarded up buildings. The Mid-Beach location is at least 'oceanside' rather than 'oceanfront' (on the beach rather than facing it from across the street) with other hotels' restaurants and shops close by and a much quicker trip to the Port; cab about $30-35.

Addendum: the Marco Polo is also older but in its day was quite upscale. Puts you about halfway between FLL and PortMiami. The Sunny Isles Beach/Aventura areas have lots of shops and restaurants but traffic is murder; you are looking at a pair of slooow and expensive cab rides.

My issue was actually that we have Wyndham Rewards points to use for a free hotel and trying to choose one on the beach. I have ended up booking Days Inn Hollywood Airport South which looks like it has much better ratings than the other two I mentioned tho not on the beach.. However it has a free airport shuttle and a shuttle to cruise port for which is $25.00 round trip per person. This is not on the beach but looks like just about 5-10 minutes away for us to get there. I would have rather stayed in Miami but did not like any of the hotels that we could redeem reward points for. Has anyone stayed in this hotel?