Power outlets on Epic

lachelli

I believe it is in the cabinet across the foot of the bed. I always carry a 12' light weight extension cord for a CPAP. Other than Haven suites, I have not had power directly next to the bed on any NCL ship (since most beds can be configured as two twins or one queen).

• 4 months later...

If I can piggyback on an older post, can anyone tell me what the bathroom outlet looks like? My wife is concerned about using her curling iron and hairdryer. I am told this is essential to her enjoyment of the cruise and she's not leaving the cabin without drying and straightening her hair. 😀

If I can piggyback on an older post, can anyone tell me what the bathroom outlet looks like? My wife is concerned about using her curling iron and hairdryer. I am told this is essential to her enjoyment of the cruise and she's not leaving the cabin without drying and straightening her hair. 😀

What bathroom outlet? In fact, what bathroom???

On Epic most staterooms have separate WC & shower with washbasin at the foot of the bed so there is no bathroom to have a socket in!

Correct. Unless you are in the Havens Suite, there is no bathroom in Epic cabins.

There is a tiny sink in the bedroom space. There is a shaver outlet in the medicine cabinet above the sink. The shaver out let is intended for low draw shavers. Not hair dryers or curling irons. Those devices will immediately blow the fuse.

The room has a hair dryer permanently attached to the counter. Per this thread, there is a US and Eripean outlet in the counter cabinet. Not easy for access. Bring a power strip. If you bring an extension cord, make sure that it is heavy gauge for the curling iron.

This photo of the outlets above the mirror, marked "shaver-only" was taken on the BA 2 years ago, it's supposed to be similar to the ones on the Epic and only supply low amp current - you can probably & safely plug in your smartphone or tablet charger for use, but anything else will likely trip the circuit breaker.

And, it is a switched outlet so if the lights for the "bathroom" are turned off, power would be cut as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/SDC10668.JPG

The "regular" outlets are wired for both 110-120 volts and for 220-240 volts, marked clearly & accordingly - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG20140329_BA-Electric-Outlets.jpg

This photo of the outlets above the mirror, marked "shaver-only" was taken on the BA 2 years ago, it's supposed to be similar to the ones on the Epic and only supply low amp current - you can probably & safely plug in your smartphone or tablet charger for use, but anything else will likely trip the circuit breaker.

And, it is a switched outlet so if the lights for the "bathroom" are turned off, power would be cut as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/SDC10668.JPG

The "regular" outlets are wired for both 110-120 volts and for 220-240 volts, marked clearly & accordingly - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG20140329_BA-Electric-Outlets.jpg

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure her hairdryer blew the circuit breaker using the bathroom outlet on the Sky. The hairdryer didn't smell too good afterwards either.

How long an extension cord would be necessary to get from the regular outlet to the mirror?