Oasis Review 10/31

depplep

I wanted to post a quick review of our 10/31 Oasis cruise. I didn't save or take pictures of the Compass, sorry. It's not something we ever really look at.

We drove the 4hrs to Port Everglades and were at check in by 11am and on the ship by 11:30. Easy. Port attendant had a bit of an attitude, but this was the case all week in different areas of the ship.

We had a CP balcony on deck 11. Some noise from the band on the pool deck during the day but we weren't in our cabin a lot in the afternoon. Great people watching, besides the Naked Man in the Promenade room across from us, (any How I Met Your Mother fans out there?) it was a relaxing atmosphere and we never had the sun on our balcony so it wasn't too warm.

We had the premium drink package and we got the BOGO deal when we booked in March. We kept track off all drinks all week and we came out even on Day 3. Needless to say, we're big drinkers.

We ate in the MDR two nights. The service was deplorable and the food barely edible. Now, I'm picky, but I can eat potato chips and beer for dinner and call it a day. The escargot had no flavor, only butter, no garlic, nothing. The pasta tasted worse than Chef Boyardee. My husband had two bad cuts of steak. Don't ask me which ones, I'm not a steak connoisseur. He just said they were all gristle.

We ate at Chops and I had the jumbo shrimp which was fantastic. My husband had the filet and loved it. He also tried the bacon. Said it was under cooked and fatty. They tried to upsell us on wine accessories and galley tours twice during dinner which I thought was tacky, but a simple no sufficed.

Giovanni's was great as well. I had the Pappardelle. Very fresh and tasty. My husband had some other kind of steak and he said it was great. All the waiters in the specialty restaurants were superb.

We ate at 150 Central Park as well. I hadn't planned on eating at all the specialty but the dining room was so bad, we did. 150 was by far the best meal of the week. Very elegant, great service and just the perfect setting to celebrate both our anniversary and my birthday.

I'll continue this thread later as I don't want it to get to wordy. I have some pictures on my phone if I can figure out how to post them, I will. If I can answer any questions, let me know.

Can't download a picture, keeps telling me it failed... So, I'll move on.

Since there is a thread now concerning Oasis being crowded, I'll comment on that.

It only felt crowded during main dining times, shows on the promenade, and the Windjammer. Getting a drink at the bar was a problem. We did have problems at the pool bar with them charging for drinks when we had the package and we had to call guest services on 3 separate occasions to remove the charges. The one bartender at the Trellis never spoke or made eye contact with us, so we had one drink and moved on. The bar staff were downright hateful in RisingTides. Other than that, the staff we interacted with were fine.

Our room attendant was great as seems to always be the case. We didn't do any shows but did watch them rehearse in the Aqua Theatre which was cool.

We also ate at Sabor which I could have done all week. Great guacamole, and margaritas.

We never received our Diamond gift in the stateroom, but that wasn't a real concern, just an observation as I know Yorkvillain had the same complaint.

NFL was played Sunday, Monday and Thursday, so we were happy about that. Overall, it was a nice relaxing vacation, we just didn't care for the layout of the ship due to the center being taken up by Central Park and the Boardwalk and the pool and bar venues being smaller as they are condensed on either side.

The other big disappointment was that you cannot see out to the ocean and deck 5 had the walking/jogging track and lifeboats, so that wasn't the most enjoyable place to stand and look out.

Oasis isn't my favorite class, but I wouldn't rule out another cruise on her. Just not anytime soon.

Thank you for the review! I am sorry the food was not that great! How was Halloween and was the ship decorate well?Curiosity has got the cat! What made rising tide staff bad/rude? Did you make a comment to guest services about it? Great write up, and I can't wait to hear more about your cruise and Oasis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I didn't see anything decorated, but we had late dinner and because it was the first night it was running late. We didn't get out until a little after 10pm and the parade was over and the party on the promenade had already started.

As far as the Rising Tides goes, we checked the times on the outside as to when it left and we were right on time, but there was no one inside other than two crew members and the tables were a mess. I walked in and asked if we were able to board as it didn't look ready for guests. I was rudely told that they just had a martini class and that we "needed to leave." So we sat outside in Central Park waiting and amazed. A group came up within minutes and we told them we had to wait, they went in anyway to check things out and came out complaining about their treatment as well. Long story short, by the time we all boarded, the staff were in even more of a fit for whatever reason and we barely got a hello and drinks slammed down on the table.

I didn't go to guest services during the trip, but it was noted on my survey. I just felt overall that the ship was understaffed and probably overworked.

I didn't see anything decorated, but we had late dinner and because it was the first night it was running late. We didn't get out until a little after 10pm and the parade was over and the party on the promenade had already started.

As far as the Rising Tides goes, we checked the times on the outside as to when it left and we were right on time, but there was no one inside other than two crew members and the tables were a mess. I walked in and asked if we were able to board as it didn't look ready for guests. I was rudely told that they just had a martini class and that we "needed to leave." So we sat outside in Central Park waiting and amazed. A group came up within minutes and we told them we had to wait, they went in anyway to check things out and came out complaining about their treatment as well. Long story short, by the time we all boarded, the staff were in even more of a fit for whatever reason and we barely got a hello and drinks slammed down on the table.

I didn't go to guest services during the trip, but it was noted on my survey. I just felt overall that the ship was understaffed and probably overworked.

Yikes that's not a cool way to start a trip since it was Halloween to start. I wonder since it was change over day and all the Halloween stuff went up during that time which might of added extra stress to the staff. You always hope when you find it; it is not ship stu wide. Just a small pocket!

Thank for you detailed info.

We were on the same sailing as you and have to agree about the MDR. Food was not that great and we had probably the least personable server we have had on any cruise. The lamb chops which are usually quite good were barely edible.

Our room attendant was also very good. We were in an OV balcony on deck 11

We were on the same sailing as you and have to agree about the MDR. Food was not that great and we had probably the least personable server we have had on any cruise. The lamb chops which are usually quite good were barely edible.

Our room attendant was also very good. We were in an OV balcony on deck 11

Yikes on the lamb chops. Do tell more! What did you see for Halloween decorations? How were the shows?

We were on this cruise as well and found that service was lacking in the bartending... We had the premium package as well and always tipped a dollar if the bartender was pleasant. We barely could get a drink at the pool bar. My favorite bar of every ship is always the Champagne Bar and the first night we sat for fifteen minutes without being served. Apparently you have to go to the bar now. Forget trying to get a drink served to you in the Pub... It wasn't until the last night that we had servers coming around. Not a big deal as we just went to the bar. But I just know that the bartenders are not happy with the drink packages.