Power Outlet on Pearl

sartoken

Sorry, AFAIK, none of the OV/inside cabins on NCL ships have a power outlet near the bed - they are usually by the desk/dresser - of a 3-prong US plug and the Euro 2-prong round plug. Possible exception being some of the accessible OV staterooms.

Several options - a battery clock w. alarm function, an old/spare smartphone in airplane mode with clock/alarm feature enabled, or, bring a 25' extension cord (long enough) to safely route it around with turning into a tripping hazard - and, some painter's tape (doesn't leave behind those nasty stickies, unlike duct tape) to keep it in place. Folks with CPAP machine are known to bring their own power cord extensions.

Edited by mking8288

The outlets at the desk on the Star in October were actually UK and US, both grounded. I was a bit surprised, I expected EU style. Fortunately my 4-port USB charger had both EU and UK adapters.

FYI both outlets were oriented with the ground at the top and were just above the desk surface. Take note if you have items that extend to the blade side of the plug such as this gadget: http://www.rei.com/product/882476/rei-mini-travel-surge-protector-with-dual-usb-ports-2014-closeout

Can anyone tell me if there is an outlet near the head of the bed in the ocean view rooms so I can plug in a clock? Thank you.

Just off the Pearl, Stateroom 5014, last Saturday.......there are no plugs by the bed in an oceanview room.

Can anyone tell me if there is an outlet near the head of the bed in the ocean view rooms so I can plug in a clock? Thank you.

Due to frequency variations onboard, many plug-in electric clocks do not keep good time onboard. Battery clocks are better choices.

Due to frequency variations onboard, many plug-in electric clocks do not keep good time onboard. Battery clocks are better choices.

I bring a plug in clock every cruise and never have had an issue with it keeping good time. It works fine. I always bring a power strip (without a surge protector - those seem to get confiscated) and plug in the clock and whatever needs charging. I have done this on the Pearl.

In an inside/OV the desk is very close to the bed, so the clock is easily visible. For us, anyway, it also provides just enough light so we don't trip ourselves getting up in the dark. And it is very dark in an inside. You never really know whether it is daytime or nighttime. A visible clock is absolutely essential IMHO.

Edited by drvalo

I bring a plug in clock every cruise and never have had an issue with it keeping good time. It works fine.

Some clocks just use the outlet for power and use their own internal oscillator for timekeeping. Others use the mains frequency to provide the time input. Apparently you were fortunate enough to have bought the former style of clock while he's referencing the latter style. I'm unsure how you'd know one from the other unless you tried it, so the advice is still reasonable.

On my last cruise I simply brought a little battery operated LCD travel clock. Worked great. My watch also worked great.