Carnival Valor - a few questions

thephantomsgirl

Hi all!

I'm looking into the Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral in late 2016. Disney has finally hit the point where they charge too much for what you get. (lots of changes)

Have done Carnival twice before and enjoyed both cruises.

The Valor cruise(s) I am looking at are either the 11/28/16, the 12/4/16, or the 12/11/16. All are the same price...and interestingly less money than the 3 day????

Will the 4 day cruise have the Cheers program? I saw the FAQ and said the Valor had it, but at one time wasn't it only longer cruises?

Any thoughts on the dates? I'm a solo adult, so thinking the 11/28 might be out as kids are out of school? So either the 12/4 or the 12/11?

Hi all!

I'm looking into the Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral in late 2016. Disney has finally hit the point where they charge too much for what you get. (lots of changes)

Have done Carnival twice before and enjoyed both cruises.

The Valor cruise(s) I am looking at are either the 11/28/16, the 12/4/16, or the 12/11/16. All are the same price...and interestingly less money than the 3 day????

Will the 4 day cruise have the Cheers program? I saw the FAQ and said the Valor had it, but at one time wasn't it only longer cruises?

Any thoughts on the dates? I'm a solo adult, so thinking the 11/28 might be out as kids are out of school? So either the 12/4 or the 12/11?

The Cheers program is available on any cruise 3 days or longer. I'm not sure what demographic you are targeting, but the 11/28 cruise will probably have a lot of families. December is a great time of year to cruise the Caribbean typically.

Thanks so much mrak!

I'd prefer less children. Don't dislike them, but it's more relaxing when fewer are on board. I'm also going to be traveling with a service dog so I figure it's better to do a cruise with far less children. (BTW, there is a great thread about traveling with a service dog in the Disabled section)

I'm leaning towards the 12/11/16 one.