Carnival Singles activities/meetups NOT

uncleg

You have to engage people. You can't put strangers in a room with each other and expect them to just be social.

They have a love and marriage show, why don't they do a dating game show. And hook up a few singles on stage. They get a new show out of it and they can introduce a few of the singles on the ship. Maybe, sit them together with each other in the MDR for the night and they get a bottle of cheap champagne.

Do a speed dating game in one of the clubs. Singles get to meet, you make a fun game of it. Maybe do reduced drink prices............not free.

They used to do the quest game,which is def. an ice breaker.........

I had so much fun, in fact, that I'm going on my next cruise in 3 weeks solo again. Just be sociable, and you'll have a great time. Of course, that requires me to have some liquid courage, because I'm not naturally sociable by nature!

Liquid courage may be in order here! LOL! I'm usually sociable if there's an atmosphere where I know there's other like minded people (for instance a solos gathering). Otherwise, I'm very shy so liquid courage may be the way of it. I also have the Carnival version of FreeStyle dining so I will be requesting a table share. That's always good times! :)

Leaving on my first cruise in 15 days (yay). Am taking my DD13. I expect as soon as she meets up with some other teens that I will find myself very solo on the trip. I may be single but I agree that meeting others on the ship is not about dating or "hooking up" but it would be fun to have people to chat with, grab a drink or three and explore the ship. Have met quite a few nice people who are also going through a fb page for this cruise... they are all married though and that can get awkward lol

• 1 month later...
Leaving on my first cruise in 15 days (yay). Am taking my DD13. I expect as soon as she meets up with some other teens that I will find myself very solo on the trip. I may be single but I agree that meeting others on the ship is not about dating or "hooking up" but it would be fun to have people to chat with, grab a drink or three and explore the ship. Have met quite a few nice people who are also going through a fb page for this cruise... they are all married though and that can get awkward lol

Just havefun but do keep an eye out for our teen. I recommend you be sure she has very meal with you unless she's in the teen group which is often fun for them. Give her a curfewand be sure she checks in with you at specified times. You will surely have fun, too. Look for others on the CC boards who may be cruising with teens on your ship.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just havefun but do keep an eye out for our teen. I recommend you be sure she has very meal with you unless she's in the teen group which is often fun for them. Give her a curfewand be sure she checks in with you at specified times. You will surely have fun, too. Look for others on the CC boards who may be cruising with teens on your ship.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

the advice might have been better before she finished her cruise:cool:

This would guarantee that I wouldn't attend. Someone cruising by themselves does not mean that they're interested in hooking up with someone on the cruise. I would be interested in going to an event to meet other people that are cruising by themselves, but I have zero interest in playing stupid games or trying to find a "date."

It sounds like NCL is on the right track with having a staff member helping singles find others who want to do "stuff" like trivia or bingo rather that it being a way to "hook-up". I read somewhere that NCL was increasing the number of single rooms it was going to put on it's ships.

My sister used to go on HAL cruises with our elderly parents. HAL would have events for singles to meet and apparently on HAL there are a good number of people who do cruise with their elderly parents. Sis says that the group seemed to enjoy having people to go have a drink with after the parents go to bed at 9... not for romance but for companions to talk with.