Margaritaville on Harvest Caye?

abcmom123

Just read the sticky about NCL's refurbishment plans and in it they referred to "Margaritaville's land based location on Norwegian's forthcoming private island on Harvest Caye". Does anyone have information about this? I have been trying to research Harvest Caye but have found very little, and nothing about what amenities will be on the island. Can anyone direct me to more information? Heck, at this point I'll take rumors, speculation, or good guesses :rolleyes:

Do you remember when that announcement was made? Maybe I can search through that time frame and see what ideas were tossed around. Yup, I'm obsessed :o very excited if Margaritaville does happen on Harvest Caye, but if it becomes a la carte as rumored I will need to plan/budget for feeding my 2 teenage boys:eek:

For anyone else trying to get information on Harvest Caye, I was able to find some information on cruisediva's site in the December 2014 cruise news section. It also made reference to GSC getting a Margaritaville bar as well.

Do you remember them talking about any fees involved? I know Margaitaville was put forth as a complimentary food offering but based on it's success on Escape there has been talk of it going to a la carte/fee based. I'm curious because Harvest Caye is a private island. If NCL originally planned it to be on the island as a complimentary food venue, but now it is going to a fee based offering, how they might implement it on the island. It is THEIR island and "they're the only game in town". With the delays in construction I'm speculating that the number of food venues to be somewhat limited. It would stink to be taken to the island and have limited choices and then be charged, since we will be a "captive audience".

Thanks for your insight. Trying to plan for the worst and hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

Just read the sticky about NCL's refurbishment plans and in it they referred to "Margaritaville's land based location on Norwegian's forthcoming private island on Harvest Caye". Does anyone have information about this? I have been trying to research Harvest Caye but have found very little, and nothing about what amenities will be on the island. Can anyone direct me to more information? Heck, at this point I'll take rumors, speculation, or good guesses :rolleyes:

Norwegian Cruise Line plans to have a land-based Margaritaville on Harvest Caye. No fee announced at this time.

Happy Cruising,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic