Booking Question

Cruzin with BQ & CQ

My DW and I want to book a Panama Canal cruise for the Fall of 2017. These cruises are not available at this time for booking. I sent an email to HAL customer service yesterday and they told me that it will most likely be available for booking late this year or early next year. We are hoping to book a rear aft balcony for this itinerary, so we want to act quickly.

So here's the question. We are sailing a week from Sunday, on Nov 22nd on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Is it possible that the future cruise consultants onboard will have access to these itineraries in order to book? Or do they only become available to them when it's available to everyone else? As always, thanks CC friends!!

Sometimes they can help with a future booking. Have done this twice before as wanted a specific cabin but booking was not open yet. Did the future cruise credit thing and they added a note into the file that I wanted that cabin. Saw that booking had opened and immediately checked - and my cabin was not available so called my TA as totally bummed. My TA laughed and sent me the invoice with the cabin assignment as the one I had requested 16 months prior. Maybe this will also work for you.

Sometimes they can help with a future booking. Have done this twice before as wanted a specific cabin but booking was not open yet. Did the future cruise credit thing and they added a note into the file that I wanted that cabin. Saw that booking had opened and immediately checked - and my cabin was not available so called my TA as totally bummed. My TA laughed and sent me the invoice with the cabin assignment as the one I had requested 16 months prior. Maybe this will also work for you.

That's funny!:D I guess you're not allowed to book the same cabin twice!

OP, We have found also, on a couple of cruises that the FCC's have occasionally received printouts of cruises that are beyond what is normally available. So definitely ask!

The FFC's on board the ships can book what we all see available on HAL's site.

But you can buy a future deposit at a lower price. Have you charge card ready -- sometimes they can look it up if you are using the same card for onboard spending. The deposits are not added onto your shipboard account.

So besides getting a lower deposit, you will get shipboard credit and the amount depends on what category you book and how long the cruise is.

My DW and I want to book a Panama Canal cruise for the Fall of 2017. These cruises are not available at this time for booking. I sent an email to HAL customer service yesterday and they told me that it will most likely be available for booking late this year or early next year. We are hoping to book a rear aft balcony for this itinerary, so we want to act quickly.

So here's the question. We are sailing a week from Sunday, on Nov 22nd on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Is it possible that the future cruise consultants onboard will have access to these itineraries in order to book? Or do they only become available to them when it's available to everyone else? As always, thanks CC friends!!

Do you have a HAL Personal Cruise Consultant? If not, this would be a great time to ask to start a relationship. Mine will watch for first booking availability on a desired cruise and contact me when it opens. It doesn't cost you anything and if you use a TA you can transfer the booking to them without penalty.