Master Chef's dinner

Infi

Have been away from the boards for awhile, but we're planning for our cruise next month and had a question. Is HAL still doing the master chef's dinner? (Not the one you pay for - the one usually on the last night in the MDR with meals from various countries etc.)

If so, is it still on the last night of the cruise? On our last cruise it fell towards the middle, which surprised us. We're trying to book our night for the Pinnacle and would like to skip the MCD if possible. Thanks in advance, all!

You mean the dinner with the juggling of veggies, etc? It's gone!!!! Hallelujah, it's gone!

On our last two cruises, the last night's menu is a sort of special chef's menu because they highlight dishes from members of the culinary council. To be honest, it was our least favorite menu of the cruise. The various chefs are all so different and their "signature" dishes don't go together well to make a whole meal.

They still do a crew parade at the end of the first sitting. Unlike the kitchen staff parade I've seen on other lines, they do a parade with representatives of various departments, so you can thank them all with your applause. The cabin stewards carry towel animals, which is cute. They still encourage napkin waving, which I find disgusting, considering it's the end of the meal. :eek:

You mean the dinner with the juggling of veggies, etc? It's gone!!!! Hallelujah, it's gone!

On our last two cruises, the last night's menu is a sort of special chef's menu because they highlight dishes from members of the culinary council. To be honest, it was our least favorite menu of the cruise. The various chefs are all so different and their "signature" dishes don't go together well to make a whole meal.

They still do a crew parade at the end of the first sitting. Unlike the kitchen staff parade I've seen on other lines, they do a parade with representatives of various departments, so you can thank them all with your applause. The cabin stewards carry towel animals, which is cute. They still encourage napkin waving, which I find disgusting, considering it's the end of the meal. :eek:

Sorry, no, I meant the latter - the dinner with the various courses each from a different country. Maybe it's actually called the International dinner? I'm not sure - we just call it the Master Chef's dinner in our house, as that's the name synonymous with yuck. :eek:

Sorry, no, I meant the latter - the dinner with the various courses each from a different country. Maybe it's actually called the International dinner? I'm not sure - we just call it the Master Chef's dinner in our house, as that's the name synonymous with yuck. :eek:

The final night's menu does seem derived from the old MCD. It just wasn't very appealing to us. Most nights I either have a clear favorite or a tough decision between two things I like. The last night it was like trying to decide which thing was the least unappealing.

Lats 2 cruises we took..the chefs dinner was 2 nights BEFORE disembarkation instead of the last night.

We usually try for the Pinnacle that night as well

I don't know if that holds for the whole fleet or has changed. I'm sure you can find out once aboard.

Lats 2 cruises we took..the chefs dinner was 2 nights BEFORE disembarkation instead of the last night.

We usually try for the Pinnacle that night as well

I don't know if that holds for the whole fleet or has changed. I'm sure you can find out once aboard.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!