Recent Oosteerdam cruisers

cruising oceangal

Thank you! We are sailing this Monday and was wondering if the new internet plans were in place yet.

How was the speed of the internet on the ship? Did they have any specials the first day of the cruise?

Appreciate your help!

We just got off the Oct 26-Nov 6 sailing. Speed while moving was pretty darn slow. Speed when in port was a lot better. Best bet is to ask crew members where free or cheap wifi exists at each port - they are sleuths at finding it!!

On the second-to-last day there was a special for a short period of time (like 30 minutes or 1 hour) advertised in the daily bulletin.

Larry

It goes in dry dock early April and sails again April 18. I would expect it to be upgraded then.

This has me curious now. I assumed the new plan was just a change of pricing, so wasn't thinking dry dock would have anything to do with it. Are the ships getting some type of technology upgrade with the dry dock? (Hoping)

We just got off the Oct 26-Nov 6 sailing. Speed while moving was pretty darn slow. Speed when in port was a lot better. Best bet is to ask crew members where free or cheap wifi exists at each port - they are sleuths at finding it!!

Larry

Agree - the crew knows the best places. One time I asked a Staff member (shopping/port advisor) standing at the Top of the gangway about Internet service - he directed me to a Starbucks about a mile away.

I then asked a Crew member standing at the Bottom of the gangway the same thing - he told me to go into the terminal building (which everyone had to walk through anyway) which was 100 yards away!

This has me curious now. I assumed the new plan was just a change of pricing, so wasn't thinking dry dock would have anything to do with it. Are the ships getting some type of technology upgrade with the dry dock? (Hoping)

They have to replace the smaller hamster that runs around in the wheel with a bigger one :D;). I'm not a techie by any means but I think they do need to upgrade the "system" before they do unlimited.