Black and white night britannia

Chubby cruisers

Whether there will be a black and white night I think depends on length of cruise.When we have done a 14 night there usually has been.

Regarding what people wear, ladies will wear either black,white or a combination of the two and men dinner suits.My husband has a black and white spotted bow tie.

Personally I sometimes wear the same dress more than once.If you are on freedom dining no one would notice anyway.

Am I right in thinking there is a black and white theme night on Britannia,if so what do ladies wear,and do gents just wear same as formal nights,also can I wear same formal gown to all 3 formals or is this a no no,I'm new to cruising

:)

A lot of ladies tend to be in black with white accessories. Some are lucky and manage to find a black/white dress ..The only ones I could find I didn't like.

Some men twist it round so white tux, black shirt, white bow tie.

Trying to remember if it tends to be the last formal night, I think it is.

I always think everyone looks really smart.

Yes you can wear the same dress for more than one evening. If we think sensibly about this you will be wearing it for 2-4 hours, and unless you throw your dinner down yourself (which is my way of doing things) the dress will not be dirty. Air it once taking it off, before putting it back in the wardrobe and you will be good to go.

I rarely wear B&W on this evening, I wear what colour I feel like, when we were on Britannia there were plenty of women who didn't do it. Having said that some people like to do it so it's just down to choice. I often recycle clothes and once I have worn something on a evening casual night I will then wear it in the day time. Avoids doing laundry on holiday [emoji4]

I wore my black formal dress with a b&w necklace and hubby his formal gear, but wore a black and white bow tie he had found in M&S !

I've also worn a shorter b&w cocktail dress in the past.

Don't worry too much though

:)

When we first started cruising, I just wore my black dress with a black and white necklace and white wrap and that was fine. The black and white theme is very well adhered to on P&O and looks great so I now have a black and white dress and my OH wears his usual evening dress with a black and white bow tie

Edited by tartanexile81

Am I right in thinking that the origin of Black and White night is an old naval tradition in respect of seamen? I'm sure I have heard that somewhere - would be interested if anyone knows more?

I now have a black and white dress, but before I used to wear white pearly jewellery or a black and white necklace with my black dress.

Edited by Scriv

Interesting question. I've never actually thought about it and haven't been able to find out so far by browsing Google. Sure somebody will enlighten us or it could always be a challenge for the Third Officer on our next cruise to find out :D

Edited by tartanexile81

Am I right in thinking that the origin of Black and White night is an old naval tradition in respect of seamen? I'm sure I have heard that somewhere - would be interested if anyone knows more?

I now have a black and white dress, but before I used to wear white pearly jewellery or a black and white necklace with my black dress.

I don't know why Scriv, but over the past few months wherever I have seen your name pop up I had assumed (wrongly it seems) that you were of the male variety.

I must admit I did think it a bit strange that you would be sharing a cabin with your daughter (not knowing her age of course).

Now I know the truth unless, of course, I am right and you just like to cross dress!:p

Ha Ha - no, staygulf, I am not a cross dresser lol. ;) Just a boring respectable lady who enjoys weekend breaks with her two daughters as well as with her (male) husband.

I guess I must underplay the gender bit in my posts as you are not the first poster who has thought that! ( me being male I mean , not a cross dresser!)

Edited by Scriv

Interesting question. I've never actually thought about it and haven't been able to find out so far by browsing Google. Sure somebody will enlighten us or it could always be a challenge for the Third Officer on our next cruise to find out :D

The person who mentioned this had a (merchant) navy background ...

I don't know why Scriv, but over the past few months wherever I have seen your name pop up I had assumed (wrongly it seems) that you were of the male variety.

I must admit I did think it a bit strange that you would be sharing a cabin with your daughter (not knowing her age of course).

Now I know the truth unless, of course, I am right and you just like to cross dress!:p

Haha me too! I also thought Presto was a man - I have no idea why!

I thought so too about Presto until this post. Isn't it funny.

I think I may have thought you were a man due to the name and your liking for Weatherspoons lol I think that's what they call 'unconscious bias' [emoji6]

Yes, I guess 'Scriv' does sound a bit masculine. It has links to my maiden name, which very few people who know me now know.

I wanted to keep my persona on social media seperate from my everyday life.. paranoid or what, eh?

Yes, I am a funny mix - I love real ales and places like Wetherspoons and also quality red wine and prosecco and fine dining. But aren't we all a funny mix?

But I am definitely not a cross dresser!

Edited by Scriv

Yes, I guess 'Scriv' does sound a bit masculine. It has links to my maiden name, which very few people who know me now know.

I wanted to keep my persona on social media seperate from my everyday life.. paranoid or what, eh?

Yes, I am a funny mix - I love real ales and places like Wetherspoons and also quality red wine and prosecco and fine dining. But aren't we all a funny mix?

But I am definitely not a cross dresser!

Haha I don't use my real name on anything, not even FB.