Can anyone help

vacalovers

I'm a platinum member and have always cruised 6 or more days. It's been a few months and I need my fix but DW doesn't have enough time to take a full week off work so we just booked a quick weekend getaway on the sensation 3 day. Can anyone tell me a little about what to expect. How different is it than a full week than the obvious length. I'm not worried about the size of the ship. Interested in things to do and food options thanks in advance

I'm a platinum member and have always cruised 6 or more days. It's been a few months and I need my fix but DW doesn't have enough time to take a full week off work so we just booked a quick weekend getaway on the sensation 3 day. Can anyone tell me a little about what to expect. How different is it than a full week than the obvious length. I'm not worried about the size of the ship. Interested in things to do and food options thanks in advance

I would imagine the biggest difference is you just debark the ship quicker ;)

For the rest, I imagine same food, similar schedule.

The one thing I've heard is the shorter cruises tend to have far more drinking than the longer cruises. I can say our first cruise was a short one and yes, they were far more people who let the drinking go to extreme than on our other cruises. Hope that helps.

The shorter cruises tend to have more partiers. While the activities are pretty much the same the club venue tends to be more crowded. The food is pretty much the same and the activities.

It is pretty much dictated by who is on board with you. I did one in June that had a lot of college students and two more in early and late May. The June cruise had a lot more drinkers then the ones in May. One had a handful of drinkers, but wasn't much different then a seven day. It will just depend on who is on board that cruise.

While we have not taken three-day cruises, we have sailed four-day trips. Food and activities were the same. We still won Ships on Sticks in trivia :D. Karaoke, big shows at night, Punchliner, etc. We had free laundry and received Platinum gifts. Main differences were no Platinum/Diamond party and one Elegant Night. According to info on the Carnival website, we were not supposed to receive the chocolate strawberry/French macaroon/chocolate bon bon plate (five-day sailings and longer), but we did on all three cruises.

Hopefully someone who has actually sailed three-day cruises can offer info.

I cruised the sensation for the 3 night last January with my 68 year old mother in law. I am 41. We both had a blast. Sure it has the party scene, but we met lots of nice fun people and had a really great time. The Sensation is nice. It doesn't have any of the restaurants or anything that the bigger newer ships have. We had an awesome room steward and it was just enough for me to get my cruise fix in. The menus are the same as on longer cruises and a smaller ship has the benefit of less lines.

You will notice a different clientele on a 3 day cruise than you do on 6+ day cruises. People that take shorter cruises tend to be younger overall and thus have less money to spend. You can always find places to do your own thing though if the livelier atmosphere isn't your thing. The shorter cruises tend to be on the older Fantasy class ships, so you won't find the steakhouse and some other for-a-fee options like you do on the newer ships that tend to do the longer cruises.

Hope you have a good time on your weekend getaway!