Bahamas Ferry Services in Nassau

This February we are scheduled to spend from Noon to Midnight in Nassau. We have been there once and were not too impressed. One time while docked in St. Thomas we took a cab to the other side of the island and then a ferry over to St. Johns and went to Trunk Bay. While the destination was beautiful, the journey was just as much fun.

Has anyone used Bahamas Ferry Service in Nassau to go to another island? Is this something worth looking into?

This February we are scheduled to spend from Noon to Midnight in Nassau. We have been there once and were not too impressed. One time while docked in St. Thomas we took a cab to the other side of the island and then a ferry over to St. Johns and went to Trunk Bay. While the destination was beautiful, the journey was just as much fun.

Has anyone used Bahamas Ferry Service in Nassau to go to another island? Is this something worth looking into?

There's really nowhere close enough to Nassau to get to in one day and return. I don't think this will work for you.

Many of the other islands are a quite flight away. But they typically stop in early evening and flights are notorious for delays. Probably wouldn't change it with a 12-12 stopover. There are a few full day boat tours (I know of one from Nassau to Exuma) but they will be standard 8-6pm kind of schedules. The late night doesn't help you much in terms of touring time.

Many of the other islands are a quite flight away. But they typically stop in early evening and flights are notorious for delays. Probably wouldn't change it with a 12-12 stopover. There are a few full day boat tours (I know of one from Nassau to Exuma) but they will be standard 8-6pm kind of schedules. The late night doesn't help you much in terms of touring time.

This is sort of what I thought. I really don't like the idea of staying that late, especially in Nassau. In addition, it will still get dark early in February. I feel like that time is sort of waste.

I think Nassau is a great port. You can walk to the city, use American money, local transportation is cheap(jitney to almost anywhere you want to go for $1.50), locals are friendly, food is great and reasonable, etc.

Edited by FLACRUISER99