Delta Comfort Class and 737-800/900 or 757

NOSaints1

Just remember.....it's an "enhancement". :rolleyes:

Yes, supposedly in response to lots of feedback from pax who wanted "an easier way to purchase C+." What a bunch of &%$#*

Big drawbacks: Opt for the comp. medallion UG to C+ and you risk getting a middle seat which is never considered an UG, and as mentioned, you can't just choose C+ for one particular leg (maybe a longer leg, or the one leg on which a "good" seat wasn't otherwise available.)

Now offering Comfort+ as a fare you also have to pay US 7.5 percent tax on domestic tickets on that where as an add on with seat selection you weren't taxed.

I guess you can now use miles to get Comfort+, couldn't do that before but is the price worth the mile?

Another issue is that you have to buy comfort+ for all the legs of your trip instead of upgrading a longer leg if you had a short hop and did't want comfort+ for an hour trip on an RJ.

I wonder if others will follow?

Have to purchase comfort plus for all our legs. We are flying into Copenhagen next July - dh wanted to upgrade so we did - to comfort plus on delta - but ONLY for the long over the ocean flights. We did NOT have to purchase it for the shorter flights.

Pat

We are flying into Copenhagen next July - dh wanted to upgrade so we did - to comfort plus on delta - but ONLY for the long over the ocean flights. We did NOT have to purchase it for the shorter flights.

The change JUST went into effect, (for flights after 5/16/16) so if you purchased your flights prior to this week, then that is correct- you were still able to choose leg by leg. If you were buying those same flights today, you'd have to choose all or nothing.

From my read, it looks as though after May 16, C+ will be the "W" fare bucket for domestic flights. For international, C+ will still be an add-on product.

All of which will make for a delightfully messy situation - having two different methods of selling C+ and confusing the heck out of the public.

Way to go, DL!!!

Just called DL and it's not true, you don't have to book it for all legs of the trip.

I suspect we're arguing over semantics. My understanding is that if you BOOK Comfort+ from the start (for flights after next 5/16) you are booking a separate fare class that applies to the entire trip. If You BOOK regular economy, it sounds like you can still choose to UPGRADE to Comfort+ on a leg by leg basis.