Carnival Breeze & Cpap

kelkel2

We will be on the Carnival Breeze in aft extended cabin 7465 in January. Can anyone tell my if there is an outlet next to the bed on either side or is there only one at the desk? My husband will need to plug in his c-pap and I was trying to decide what we will need to bring along in order to get it to plug in.

If it can only be plugged in at the desk, can we bring an extension cord, or what about a surge protector with multiple outlets? Will they confiscate that? I would tell him to pack it in his carry on with his machine so if they tried to take it we could tell what it was for.

Hi there,

Just got back from the Breeze on 11/1. We have learned to always bring a surge protector and extension cord, they come in SO handy. We have never had a problem.

My friends husband uses an C-pap and brought his extension cord, he had no issues. We were in 8267 & 8269 and the closest outlet to the bed was on the desk in the far corner by the phone, so definitely bring am extension cord.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

can we bring an extension cord, or what about a surge protector with multiple outlets? Will they confiscate that? I would tell him to pack it in his carry on with his machine so if they tried to take it we could tell what it was for.

I always keep a surge protector and extension cord in my Cpap bag (they come in handy in hotels, too). It has never been an issue and, in fact, necessary.

You can contact the special needs department and request that they place an extension cord in your cabin for this. This has worked sometimes for me, sometimes not. I think that it depends on availability.

Thanks guys! Any idea how long of an extension cord I should buy? I know some people said carnival would provide one, but I'd rather just have one in his c-pap case for traveling, because we do travel relatively often.

Thanks guys! Any idea how long of an extension cord I should buy? I know some people said carnival would provide one, but I'd rather just have one in his c-pap case for traveling, because we do travel relatively often.

We were on the Breeze in September. I let the cabin steward know that my husband had a C-Pap, and he brought in an extension cord, and set it up on my husband's side of the bed for us. We didn't take anything extra, they did it for us! That being said, I don't know how long it was though! (Sorry!)

Edited by wrcjr98

I always keep a surge protector and extension cord in my Cpap bag (they come in handy in hotels, too). It has never been an issue and, in fact, necessary.

You can contact the special needs department and request that they place an extension cord in your cabin for this. This has worked sometimes for me, sometimes not. I think that it depends on availability.

No more surge protectors allowed.

• 2 months later...

yes you are not allowed to take surge protectors anymore they will take them away because they can cause a fire. You will need to take a regular power strip without surge protection. be sure to take an extension cord I do with mine

We brought a 12" cord, but before we could even unpack it, our room steward, who was amazing was offering us one. We told him we didn't need it. We didn't want to use theirs, especially if someone else on board really would need it. But that just goes to show you that they really are available if you need them once you get on the ship!

Also getting the distilled water was so easy. Right after getting into the room I called room service and they just wanted to make sure we would be there waiting for the delivery as it can take a bit. We told them we would wait, they maybe took 10 minutes? Super easy!!