Is it OK to use walkie talkies?

CruiseMAMA2

I'm confused. Am I doing something wrong with my parenting skills or offending you in any way?

How does this directly affect you.

How does the walkie talkie situation affect you? What is the big deal?

Sorry to the OP for this mess

Good for you,

I'll use my walkie talkies on my cruises anytime I please and could care less what anyone says or thinks.I go on cruises to enjoy myself and don"t worry about anyoneelse.

I'm confused. Am I doing something wrong with my parenting skills or offending you in any way?

Good for you,

I'll use my walkie talkies on my cruises anytime I please and could care less what anyone says or thinks.I go on cruises to enjoy myself and don"t worry about anyoneelse.

This is a discussion group. We discuss.

This is a discussion group. We discuss.

Good for you,

Well, isn't that attitude what it all boils down to? The op asked if it was OK to use walkie talkies and and that has been answered to death. Use them if you must, but be considerate of others around you. What is so hard about that? Your attitude of "I could care less" says a lot. I do care that I am not bothering any one else and that I am kind and considerate.

I go on cruises to enjoy myself also, but not at the expense of someone elses comfort.

Good for you,

Well, isn't that attitude what it all boils down to? The op asked if it was OK to use walkie talkies and and that has been answered to death. Use them if you must, but be considerate of others around you. What is so hard about that? Your attitude of "I could care less" says a lot. I do care that I am not bothering any one else and that I am kind and considerate.

I go on cruises to enjoy myself also, but not at the expense of someone elses comfort.

Good for you,

So if I wanted to fallow behind you yelling as loud as I can, It's OK because it is my cruise and I am going to enjoy it. And what if I enjoy throwing walkie-talkies overboard. I should be able to do that too because it is my cruise and I can do whatever I want.

So if I wanted to fallow behind you yelling as loud as I can, It's OK because it is my cruise and I am going to enjoy it. And what if I enjoy throwing walkie-talkies overboard. I should be able to do that too because it is my cruise and I can do whatever I want.

Number one,I don't yell on my cell phone nor do I yell on My Walkie Talkies.And I really don' t care what you think.I don't scream or yell on my Cell phones or my walkie talkies.If my talking on my walkie talkies offends you,tough.

While we are focusing on walkie talkies, this is only one aspect of a much larger problem-that of respecting others.

Quite simply, it is normally not acceptable to subject other people to unwanted noise, music, or other intrusion. This holds true for blasting amps in cars, playing boom boxes loudly at the beach or other public areas, conversations in movies that can be heard by others, or inane talk on cell phones and walkie talkies.

Certain rare exceptions are understandable in some circumstances, but it should be kept to the minimum possible in order to address the situation that cannot otherwise be handled.

We hear a lot of talk about "rights." Well, that is only half of the equation. Every right has inherent responsibilites. For example the right to bear arms includes the responsibility to do so without endangering others. The right to the pursuit of happiness implies the responsibility of doing so without depriving others of their similar pursuit. And, the right to use walkie talkies presumes the responsibility to ensure that others are not needlessly disturbed.

So, my point is that walkie talkies and cell phones may be used if they don't bother other people. That means being courteous and diligent in the purpose, time and place of their use.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

And what if I enjoy throwing walkie-talkies overboard. I should be able to do that too because it is my cruise and I can do whatever I want.

Now that part I disagree with. Into the pool is one thing, but overboard is environmentally harmful.

Perhaps one reason those of us on the Celebrity board are upset is because we like this line for its quiet! It is lovely not having constant announcements for "Bingo in half an hour", "Bingo in 15 minutes,"etc. Okay, I like RCCL and others too, but they aren't as peaceful in terms of unwanted announcements (conversations) by others. (I also have a life, but that's another thread.) Nancy

Good for you,

Couldn't agree more. You can worry about people in the real world. You live once, so why not make it fun.

SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! :-)

I would like to show you this thread on walkie talkies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=238845

It will be interesting to see your overall results, but the limited sample thus far seems telling. Posting this on the Carnival board may well substantiate my point in Post #83, above, but leave you in the position of having to make the argument that all cruise lines should have the same atmosphere and the same "anything goes" policies that suit your own idea of a vacation.

People have different ideas of what makes a good cruise, the lines understand this and with their policies and product, cater to different segments / demographics for exactly that reason, and overall people gravitate to the lines that best fit their ideal .. and yet for some reason, you don't seem to be able to get your mind wrapped around that even as a simple business concept (setting aside the idea of courtesy for a moment). Why is that?

More to the point -- if you were to prove with your 2nd thread that there is another line that caters more to people who think FRS radios are great on-board tools, why not cruise on that line where everyone gets along with that?

Some days, I think the food on Celebrity must be so good that no matter how ill-fitting a Celebrity cruise might otherwise be for someone, they can't stand the idea of looking elsewhere!:D

Couldn't agree more. You can worry about people in the real world. You live once, so why not make it fun.

SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! :-)

And yet you continue to post.

Here's some news for you, sparkie. Cruise chips exist in the real world. For some, it is a perfected version of that real world, a place where folks are more relaxed and more considerate. A place where folks dress for dinner and hold doors open for the next person to pass through first.

Whatever it is you call the real world, I'm guessing you treat people the same there.

Archived