Deaths on Triumph

LSUcajunmom

Hearing some chatter about multiple deaths on Triumph. She came into Galveston this morning. Anyone else hear anything? Natural causes have been reported, but also talk of a man killing his wife. Again, all hearsay, but curious if anyone has creditable info.

I don't know anything about it. But I have been reading about cruise ship accidents, rapes, murders etc. (Once you look up one story you get linked to another and then another.) It has to make you stop and think. Yes, bad things happen everywhere and thousands upon thousands of people cruise with no incidents so I still think cruising is safe. But you cannot take your safety for granted while on a cruise. Had the steward been successful in throwing that woman off her balcony on HAL, it most likely would have been written off as her accidentally falling overboard.

Point is...be careful and mindful of your surroundings wherever you go. And do your best to enjoy life while always being prepared for something to go down.

Had the steward been successful in throwing that woman off her balcony on HAL, it most likely would have been written off as her accidentally falling overboard.

That's one way to deal with serial complainers lol 'over you go!!'

The Triumph just returned from a 21 day journey, a eleven day cruise to San Juan and a ten day back to Galveston. All of these sail dates were when school was in, so the average age of passengers was up there.

Our friends in their 50's were aboard for all 21 days and felt like they were the youngest aboard. They did report a medical evacuation and approximately 4 that were taken off the ship in various ports.

There were no reports of criminal acts resulting in deaths.

The older the clientele the ship has a aboard is a direct relationship to death from natural causes. Two were taken from the ship before the cruise ever started, resulting in a delayed departure.

Edited by BallFour4

We were on the first 11 days of the 21 day round trip. There were a couple of medical emergencies during that portion of the trip. There may have been evacuations I didn't notice.

We are in our 50's also and the average passenger age was probably a bit older than us.

There were medical emergencies before we even got onto the ship. The way they had everyone packed into the terminal with no seats or fresh air... people were feeling ill and a couple of folks passed out. They had to bring in medics to treat one man that fainted in the Galveston terminal, but he was fine in the end and I saw him on the ship and in port many times after that.

Some of the older passengers seemed to be in poor or fragile health, so it wouldn't be surprising if there were some issues over the course of 21 days.