Bamboo on the Dawn and Food Recommendations

teacher2cruiser

Not normally open for lunch. It was open one day we were on Dawn recently but things were not the best, none of the staff seemed to be ready for it being open.

We asked for quick service (opened at noon) as we had a meeting at 12.45. No main had been delivered by 12.40 so we walked out. We were given a bottle of wine later in the cruise by the Maître d'.

We are sure that our mains were given to the next table!!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Bamboo is periodically open for lunch. It seems there's a different chef for the lunch orders and the food isn't at its usual level.

That said, it is open for dinner - and the food is great! My DH and I thoroughly enjoyed the Lemon Pepper Chicken (actually made with lime) and a number of the other dishes. We actually had the Lemon Pepper Chicken several times during our 14 day cruise.

I must admit, though, I'm not a fan of Bamboo's desserts. The chocolate ginger cake was only middling, though my DH liked it. And we've never liked anything matcha, so that was out.

I would like to recommend to NCL that they take the gingered pineapple sauce used with the cake and make it a stand alone, on top of vanilla ice cream. It would be a delicious dessert!

On the last sea day the Bamboo was used for an accessories sale at lunch, so it definitely wasn't open.

We ate there and found the best thing on the menu to be the spring rolls. We tried the calamari (i wouldn't recommend it), and I had Kung Pao chicken with rice. It was just okay. We skipped dessert because nothing on the menu looked good.

• 2 weeks later...