UDB limits on TransAtlantic cruises

jonbgd

Researching cruises on the Jade from Houston

7 day Caribbean and 16day Transatlantic the svc charge changes

The UDP goes from 26.64(3.80 a day) to only 37.44(2.34 a day)

So my question is are there limits on the dining that arnt being posted?

BTW The UDP goes from 161.28 to 368.64 or 23.04 a day no matter length

Don't quite understand the question. The current Specialty Dining Plan is on a sliding scale. The more days you buy, the cheaper it is per day. And therefore the less gratuity there is per day.

3 Days $59.00 = Cost per Day $19.67 Gratuity $3.54

4 Days $74.00 = Cost per Day $18.50 Gratuity $3.33

5 Days $89.00 = Cost per Day $17.80 Gratuity $3.20

6 Days $104.00 = Cost per Day $17.33 Gratuity $3.12

7 Days $119.00 = Cost per Day $17.00 Gratuity $3.06

8 Days $129.00 = Cost per Day $16.13 Gratuity $2.90

9 Days $139.00 = Cost per Day $15.44 Gratuity $2.78

10 Days $149.00 = Cost per Day $14.90 Gratuity $2.68

11 Days $159.00 = Cost per Day $14.45 Gratuity $2.60

12 Days $169.00 = Cost per Day $14.08 Gratuity $2.54

13 Days $179.00 = Cost per Day $13.77 Gratuity $2.48

14 Days $189.00 = Cost per Day $13.50 Gratuity $2.43

Don't quite understand the question. The current Specialty Dining Plan is on a sliding scale. The more days you buy, the cheaper it is per day. And therefore the less gratuity there is per day.

3 Days $59.00 = Cost per Day $19.67 Gratuity $3.54

4 Days $74.00 = Cost per Day $18.50 Gratuity $3.33

5 Days $89.00 = Cost per Day $17.80 Gratuity $3.20

6 Days $104.00 = Cost per Day $17.33 Gratuity $3.12

7 Days $119.00 = Cost per Day $17.00 Gratuity $3.06

8 Days $129.00 = Cost per Day $16.13 Gratuity $2.90

9 Days $139.00 = Cost per Day $15.44 Gratuity $2.78

10 Days $149.00 = Cost per Day $14.90 Gratuity $2.68

11 Days $159.00 = Cost per Day $14.45 Gratuity $2.60

12 Days $169.00 = Cost per Day $14.08 Gratuity $2.54

13 Days $179.00 = Cost per Day $13.77 Gratuity $2.48

14 Days $189.00 = Cost per Day $13.50 Gratuity $2.43

K I was talking about the FREE Unlimited dining package that now incurs a service charge

But I guess they do the same math on both pkgs and the longer the cruise the less gratuities you pay.

So I can eat at a specialty restaurant 2 times a day for 16 days for only $37.44 including gratuities. Now that is a good deal

Maybe I need to look at the Epic TA instead:D

Well, the UDP no longer exists! The SDP has taken it's place and it is not for all 7 day on a 7 day cruise, I believe it is for 4 meals only and it would be proportional on longer cruises. It is a limited number of meals and is by no means unlimited. Each meal counts as one of the 4 or whatever number you have. You could technically eat all 4 in one day if you wish.

Where are you reading this information?

Well, the UDP no longer exists! The SDP has taken it's place and it is not for all 7 day on a 7 day cruise, I believe it is for 4 meals only and it would be proportional on longer cruises. It is a limited number of meals and is by no means unlimited. Each meal counts as one of the 4 or whatever number you have. You could technically eat all 4 in one day if you wish.

Actually you can choose 3-7 days on the SDP for a 7 day cruise. Its up to you.

Actually you can choose 3-7 days on the SDP for a 7 day cruise. Its up to you.

But not as a promo, that is what the OP is talking about and what rvsullivan's reply was regarding to.

Edited by Demonyte

Well, the UDP no longer exists!.

Why doesn't it exist.:confused:

It is available on the NCL website when trying to book a cruise

So, there is a difference between the Ultimate Dining Plan (UDP) and Specialty Dining Plan (SDP). The UDP had different terms and conditions. It was discontinued. When you book you read about Specialty Dining. If you booked 6+ months ago, you may still have a UDP associated with your reservation, and NCL is honoring the old plan. All new bookings get the SDP. Confusing, but different.

Edited by BirdTravels

No, the package is now called SDP, specialty dining package. It is a meal based package and not unlimited. You can buy from 3 meals on up. Under the "old" UDP you could have as many meals as you wanted (multiples per day) with the SDP you get the number of meals you paid for and pick when you have them.

When you get this as a promo, as the OP asked, you get 4 meals for a 7 day cruise.

No, the package is now called SDP, specialty dining package. It is a meal based package and not unlimited. You can buy from 3 meals on up. Under the "old" UDP you could have as many meals as you wanted (multiples per day) with the SDP you get the number of meals you paid for and pick when you have them.

When you get this as a promo, as the OP asked, you get 4 meals for a 7 day cruise.

All I was seeing while doing a dummy booking was free dining pkg

I guess I'm the dummy

how many meals do you get for a 16day cruise

Is there a link somewhere?

Presuming you are looking at the April 16, 2016 TA, the "Freestyle Choice" box on the initial screen says you get to choose between UBP, Free Specialty Dining for six nights, Excursion Credit or 250 minutes of Internet. When I did a mock booking, it reverted to Specialty Dining Program". I am sure somewhere on the site there is a caveat that says you only get a certain number of nights.....so the decision for me would be, which is a better deal financially - four free dinners for two or free drinks for two for 16 days...based on how much the DH and I drink.

Presuming you are looking at the April 16, 2016 TA, the "Freestyle Choice" box on the initial screen says you get to choose between UBP, Free Specialty Dining for six nights, Excursion Credit or 250 minutes of Internet. When I did a mock booking, it reverted to Specialty Dining Program". I am sure somewhere on the site there is a caveat that says you only get a certain number of nights.....so the decision for me would be, which is a better deal financially - four free dinners for two or free drinks for two for 16 days...based on how much the DH and I drink.

OK I see where you were talking about

I hadn't scrolled over it before