Platinum Dining Question

Big Al B.

We will be on the Gem in April. First time as Platinum level. I've been told that since both of us are at that level, we will be entitled to two dinners at Le Bistro and 2 bags of laundry. Also, that there are other dining choices that can be used instead of Le Bistro. Is this true and if so, which choices? Thanks.

We will be on the Gem in April. First time as Platinum level. I've been told that since both of us are at that level, we will be entitled to two dinners at Le Bistro and 2 bags of laundry. Also, that there are other dining choices that can be used instead of Le Bistro. Is this true and if so, which choices? Thanks.

Yes, you will EACH have a certificate for a dinner for two at Le Bistro and a bottle of wine with dinner. Recent reports say the certificate specifies either LB or La Cucina. People used to be able to substitute Moderno, so not sure what will happen on the Gem. You each get a bag of laundry.

Ask about the dining options with the certificates. You will get two (both my DW and I are platinum members). We have never tried to use them at any other place than Le Bistro (since my DW likes it). But others have said that they have used it in La Cucina and Monerno (since they are comparably priced restaurants).

And you get 2 bags of laundry any time during the cruise (so we have done one bag on Day 3 and one bag on Day 5),,, avoiding the day that they do the special for the whole ship.

Yes, you will EACH have a certificate for a dinner for two at Le Bistro and a bottle of wine with dinner. Recent reports say the certificate specifies either LB or La Cucina. People used to be able to substitute Moderno, so not sure what will happen on the Gem. You each get a bag of laundry.

The bottle of wine doesn't have to be drunk at the meal. If you drink half, we do, they will store it for you for another night in any restaurant or MDR. The three restaurants were available Sep/Oct on the Dawn and we both had certificates and used them in all three, we were on B2B cruises.

Mike