New to NCL

akowilm

Looking for a spring weekend getaway and my usual cruise line is only offering 7 day trips through the end of March. I saw that the Norwegian Sky offers three and four night sailings just to the Bahamas and back. We are just looking for a relaxed atmosphere, some good food, and some fun night life. Always looking in the right direction for some 40 something adults looking for a weekend away?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I was just on the 3 night Sky, which is the weekend. The 4 night is Monday to Friday. Keep in mind it is only really 2 days, 3 nights, but a good weekend if the price is right. if they are offering either unlimited beverage package, or the specialty dining package. The specialty restaurants are all good. There is a show each night. We thought the comedian that was on when we were there was very funny, and the Las Vegas show was good. The 2 ports on the 3 day are Nassau and the private island. We shopped in Nassau, and the private island, if the weather is good, is a lovely beach. If you don't want too much sun, I would recommend spending the $30 for the sun shade that is good for 2 lounges. They serve a buffet at the beach which was good. I always say that on a cruise, I am not going to expect dinner to be as good as a fine restaurant, there are lots of places to go where I can eat. It's the overall cruise experience, and value for a cruise, which is what you go for. That being said, I really think dinner at Cagney's, which does have a service charge if you don't have the dining package, is as good as most restaurants.

The bars are lively, there's lots of activity around the ship, the buffet can get crowded, but there are ways to work it out and find seating if you want. During the day, either the back of the ship, along with its buffet area, are a lot less crowded. You can also eat at the table in Il Adagio during the day.

Looking for a spring weekend getaway and my usual cruise line is only offering 7 day trips through the end of March. I saw that the Norwegian Sky offers three and four night sailings just to the Bahamas and back. We are just looking for a relaxed atmosphere, some good food, and some fun night life. Always looking in the right direction for some 40 something adults looking for a weekend away?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

We did the 3-day weekend on the Sky twice this year and really enjoyed it. It is a slightly younger crowd and the beach day on Great Stirrup Cay is great fun. If you have some calm seas, the wave runners hopping between islands are a blast! The Sky will be all inclusive starting next year, so free food, free drinks.

We are thinking of going in April, so would that be all inclusive? Can you tell me a little bit more? I'm used to house celebrity operates and I don't really understand much about Norwegian. Thanks! we're thinking of going in april, so would that be all inclusive? Can you tell me a little bit more? I'm use to help celebrity operate And I don't really understand much about norwegian. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

All-inclusive on the Sky next year just means all-inclusive on the beverages. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are included, but not specialty dining. That is still extra, though MDRs are still complimentary.

Enjoy the Sky if you choose to sail! I'm sailing again on her next June with 11 first-time cruisers. :)