My Carnival Breeze Review - 11/07/2015 - 11/15/2015

Sensenigr

@sensenigr great review! I was also on this cruise. This was our second time on the breeze, we booked it the second time because our first experience was wonderful. Re: the smell.....this was not secluded to your deck, we could smell a foul smell on several locations on the ship, which was odd as this was not present in Nov 2014. Hmm, wonder what the issue is? [emoji615]️

Unfortunately, our experience in the main dining room was not in keeping with your experience. We did not enjoy the new menu (in comparison to last year it was boring and not great). As you say tho, everyone has different taste and opinions.

Glad to hear you had a good time. We are now back to the "at home" routine looking forward to another adventure! [emoji1]

Our pre-cruise hotel is a Marriott right on South Beach. We have never been to Miami before so want to spend most of embarkation morning at the beach. If we show up at the pier at 1:30 pm would you expect we would walk right on? How many zones were there after your zone 13? We want to go as late as possible although I think we have to be there 2 hours ahead of time which would be 2 o'clock. TIA We sail on Jan 2 same ports as you.

What beach did they take you to in St. Martaan? We have rented a car there.

There were still a lot of zones behind us; however, I would imagine the earlier or later you arrived the less wait you would have. I believe they also started boarding a bit later on that day. If you are comfortable arriving at 2pm, then I would say that would probably be a pretty good time. That is a guess; however, I think relatively accurate.

The beach we went to in St. Marteen was Orient Beach.

We just booked this for our cruise in February. Glad to hear it was enjoyable. Is there a lot of walking in between locations? The website said the total walk is about a mile and a half. My mother needs to take breaks when walking so I want to make sure she is not going to be overwhelmed.

I would say she probably should be able to handle it, if it is only breaks that are required. There are only two stops where there is a lengthy walk (towards the beginning) and then the stops get really close toward the end. There are several stops though, as they take breaks to provide you with various histories of the sights.

That's all I have for now. I think I pretty much summarized most of the main points of the cruise! If you have any questions, please let me know. I will be happy to answer them! I can't wait until my next Carnival Cruise!

Thank you so much for the review. Hubby and I are looking forward to our Breeze cruise Feb. 27th.

How far back on deck 8 did the smell start? I'm getting worried now because we are booked in 8389

Well right around the aft elevators. Look...I posted a honest review; however, honestly, it wasn't in my room --- so it wasn't a huge deal to me.

Glad you had a great time. And thanks for the review. I love the Breeze and it is great to hear she is still a great ship.

We are headed back to the Breeze for NYE. Our 3rd time on the ship!

L

Hope you have a pleasant time on NYE, just like the times prior!

Ryan so glad you guys had a great time.. So did Lynn and I.. Loved your review.. Made me realize what we missed (chefs table and piano bar) The Breeze has so much to offer we need 2 weeks to get to it all.. We did the 18 and over thrill theatre.. It was fun with some surprises I won't give a way.. It was great meeting you both!! I got a great picture of everyone in the van on the Bernard's tour.. :D

Julie

Loved your review. Much better than many I have read. Sound like you enjoyed the cruise a lot. I am booked on the Breeze for Oct 2016 with my sisters and niece - girls cruise. Looking forward to it so much more now. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words! We definitely enjoyed it! Keep the countdown on to yours! I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.

Ryan so glad you guys had a great time.. So did Lynn and I.. Loved your review.. Made me realize what we missed (chefs table and piano bar) The Breeze has so much to offer we need 2 weeks to get to it all.. We did the 18 and over thrill theatre.. It was fun with some surprises I won't give a way.. It was great meeting you both!! I got a great picture of everyone in the van on the Bernard's tour.. :D

Julie

I'm glad you had a great time as well! Yeah -- Chef's Table and Piano Bar are highly recommended. We didn't get to try the Thrill Theatre; however, we definitely want to another time.

Great meeting you too! Email me if you want ... ryan.sensenig@gmail.com ... and maybe we can Facebook each other and add the picture from the tour!

Thanks,

~Ryan

Hi Ryan. Thanks for the review! Can you please explain further what happened with the rental car? Why the extra charges and what did you get the charges down to? I'm hearing there's a bit of a scam going on with Florida car rentals that has to do with the tolls.

I am actually not sure what occurred; however, I did call Dollar and they did fix the issue. It appears to have something to do with the fact that I picked up from a different location than I returned the vehicle to.

I don't know anything about a toll scam; however, I would highly recommend you rent a toll device from the car company, as many toll roads exist now that are not staffed and require the device.

Ryan. I can't believe I missed your review. What a great one! We also could smell "The Smell" on deck 2 but not in the cove balcony room. We had so much fun with you two! See you on another cruise!!!

VC

Glad you enjoyed the review! We are very seriously considering the Vista in February 2017.....not just a dream, could become reality by March or April. Stay tuned...I'll let you know!

Ryan - what a great review! Love the way you describe the little details as well as the big picture!

I agree that this ship is awesome. I sailed on the Breeze in October, and it was my 37th cruise. It was also one of my top favorite cruises! In fact, we are sailing again in March because I had to go back on the Breeze again before she is transferred to Galveston.

One of the places you said you didn't get to was Bonsai Sushi. OMG! That place was amazing. Sushi was yummy, service was excellent, and they had the best Miso Soup I have ever eaten. If you get a chance to try them next time, do it!

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to write your review!

Ryan - what a great review! Love the way you describe the little details as well as the big picture!

I agree that this ship is awesome. I sailed on the Breeze in October, and it was my 37th cruise. It was also one of my top favorite cruises! In fact, we are sailing again in March because I had to go back on the Breeze again before she is transferred to Galveston.

One of the places you said you didn't get to was Bonsai Sushi. OMG! That place was amazing. Sushi was yummy, service was excellent, and they had the best Miso Soup I have ever eaten. If you get a chance to try them next time, do it!

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to write your review!

I'm glad you have had great experiences on the Breeze, and I am certainly glad you are going again in March! I will definitely have to add Bonsai Sushi to the list for next time!

Glad you enjoyed the review.

We were boarding as you were debarking. We too had Markly and Asep and in my 11 cruises they were by far the best waitstaff I've experienced. They went above and beyond making dinner time something really special!

So awesome to hear that you had Markly and Asep! Wow! They truly made dinner a delight each night. I really hope to see them again on a future cruise!