Nightmare - what would you do?

julieh

BDjam, you and Spongerob need to "get the Whole Story", so you can finally render an opinion on this point; time and again you make this point, but Only when someone has a criticism. How about reserving judgment on the positive comments until you have personal knowledge as to what actually occurred? The OP is entitled to respect,this is not a made up story, and there is no second side to the facts as stated.

As the Rob and 'Jam show continues I think we need BDJAm to personally investigate whether the OP is telling the truth. NOT! the OP is entitled to respect, and not undue questions by Cruise apologists. This may be a one time situation, but shouldn't be dismissed because it can't be verified. Jasm, in all of your posts, I've never seen you express doubt over one Positive story, only negative ones. Why is that?

BDjam, you and Spongerob need to "get the Whole Story", so you can finally render an opinion on this point; time and again you make this point, but Only when someone has a criticism. How about reserving judgment on the positive comments until you have personal knowledge as to what actually occurred? The OP is entitled to respect,this is not a made up story, and there is no second side to the facts as stated.

I think if you read the posts, you’ll see that ‘rob is not taking the position you’ve stated. As for me, I’m not quite sure where I’ve not respected the original poster…because I’m asking questions about the issue? If anything, I’ve said the TA is the one who should be responsible…isn’t that what you pay them for? To be your agent and fix these kinds of issues? If any entity has been disrespected, it’s Princess – it’s been trashed here by most of those posting. And can you explain how my being trashed makes my side of the debate less valid?

Jasm, in all of your posts, I've never seen you express doubt over one Positive story, only negative ones. Why is that?
If you’re asking that question of me, it’s because I’ve had very few situations on Princess that were less than pleasant and never have had “nightmares” over any of my dealings with them. It’s that first hand knowledge and proof that I have of the positive aspects of this cruise line. There are plenty of places where Princess can improve – but overall, I think they do a pretty positive job.

I was updating my hubby on this thread last night when he said we should keep checking our cabin as we definitely want to keep our midship inside. Yes, it's stil there, whew. Anyway, it seems if you have some sort of record that says "no upgrade" that can be considered official, you should fax that around (even to Santa Clarita). Maybe hint that you contacted a lawyer. (I'm just guessing here...I could be out of line. Or it may work). My fingers are crossed for you.

Julieh - I've just looked at this thread.....this is not a Princess 'mistake' - and has nothing at all to do with other ships, cabins and/or situations as mentioned. The simple fact is that a passenger (Known to many - initials LA) who previously used the Royal as her 'home' has now decided on the Sea Princess Cabin C744 - and she gets it!! Do not bang your head against the wall on this.....nothing you will be able to do.....there are circumstances surrounding this that only a few are privilaged to know/understand........my best advice is to try and get the best you can out of this situation - cruise credit, upgraded cabins, whatever! - you will NOT get C744 - trust me on this! :rolleyes:

The simple fact is that a passenger (Known to many - initials LA) who previously used the Royal as her 'home' has now decided on the Sea Princess Cabin C744 - and she gets it!! Do not bang your head against the wall on this.....nothing you will be able to do.....there are circumstances surrounding this that only a few are privilaged to know/understand........my best advice is to try and get the best you can out of this situation - cruise credit, upgraded cabins, whatever! - you will NOT get C744 - trust me on this! :rolleyes:

What makes you so certain that is the case? The comment up-thread was sheer speculation.

If someone booked a specific cabin, they should be entitled to that specific cabin. This is most definitely a Princess issue.

What makes you so certain that is the case? The comment up-thread was sheer speculation.

If someone booked a specific cabin, they should be entitled to that specific cabin. This is most definitely a Princess issue.

I'm not going to argue this point - I had a similiar situation (SAME cabin) on another Sea Princess sailing (SAME passenger )- she will be sailing extensively on the SEA and she wants the same cabin for the extended time.... trust me - she WILL get it! - ;) that is the situation......end of my postings 'bout this.....

Very interesting Gotto; it would seem Julieh has won the antilottery; I would assume there are favorites on any cruise line, but this is the first I've heard of it.

Julie, I hope you have a better attitude than I do, cause this would PISS ME OFF.

If, and and mean if, this is the woman who formerly was on the the Royal Princess, then you may be out of luck. The story I had heard is that she and her husband owned the property which Princess built their headquarters in Santa Clarita. As of this past May she had cruised with Princess over 3000 days, and she spends months at a time on her chosen ship and in her selected cabin. Princess really bends over backwards to take care of her. While I haven't talked to her personally, she did seem like something of a character. She is not your typical little old lady, unless your vision of a "l-o-l" has tatoos across her chest.

Julieh, I truly do feel for you if this is the case. Princess should be upfront with you in regards to the facts. No one wants to be in your position (certainly not me), and Princess owes you an honest explanation of your situation as well as an equitable solution.

Julieh,

I have been following this thread for quite a few days now and my heart goes out to you and your family. I know I would be most upset if I were told that the cabin I had selected months ago was being taken away from us. It just doesn't seem like fair practice but as GottoCruise has explained, someone else higher up has first preference.

I know I would think twice about booking with Princess again but I wouldn't let this ruin my cruise that I had waited months for. I would make the most of the situation and work out what the change was worth in dollars and put that on the bargaining table. You have the upper hand in that your cabin has been taken and now you want some sort of recompense.

Good luck, I am waiting to read of the outcome.

Jennie

Well thanks for your comments I think things are becoming a little clearer now I hear about why I may have lost my cabin for this year and next.

One point to clear up I am not anti Princess. I love travelling with them which is why I only travel with them. In one way if this is the case with the passenger "LA" it would mean it is a very unusual case and hopefully won't affect other passengers (unless your in C744 on the Sea Princess of course!)

It is very different for TA's in the UK. We can book direct with Princess but financially it is better to book with a TA as you then get a further discount given by them. They don't have anywhere near the influence that the US TA's have and have as much diffculty trying to speak to anyone as we do. I am sure they would love to be able to do what the American agents can.

Julie

sounds to me if Princess wants to keep "LA" happy, and all of the other passengers, and Princess's view to its customers; that if they bump someone out of a cabin that "LA" or someone else is going to take, then the pax who are bumped should be upgraded all the way to a full suite with onboard credits. This way everyone is happy.

In my case, I did get the cabin back. And, the only yelling that ensued was to a senior person who was lying flat out that the other pax were already in the cabin, when we knew they were not.

Since the issue has been resolved, my only purpose in responding to this post is personal.

Sandbag, I work in a service industry every bit as complex as the cruise industry and can tell you that you NEVER get the whole story. Not from clients, sub-contractors, or even your own employees. Even so, you have to try and get as much information as possible, and that can take some time. Until you have as much information as possible, you cannot propose a solution. It's not like CSI where a triple homicide can be solved in 60 minutes, less commercials.

Have you actually read my posts on this thread? I disagree with BDJAM, albeit with somewhat more respect than is the usual case on these boards. I'm supportive of Julie and have stressed that regardless of the cause of the booking problem, Princess can and needs to correct it, and the process should be easy. And, apparently, it was.

Thanks for watching my back, ‘rob, but I still think we need to be careful before we make judgment as to what has gone on at Princess. Mistakes are made and some of them are without malice or in search of reward - and we've only got information third hand to determine if something is amiss. If Princess made the error, they should correct it, but it’s very difficult to say they did without the whole story. I don’t know that taking it out on the passengers who got the cabin, suing the cruise line or yelling at the purser’s desk is the proper way to resolve these kinds of situations. While someone has been given a cabin other than the one they picked I just don’t see it as being nightmare material. I guess because I’m just happy to be on the ship and am not that picky about a specific location, maybe I don’t understand the ire and the search for revenge that this issue has raised.

And I still think if the UK TA was doing their job, there’d be some movement toward a resolution.

You may be happy to just be on the ship and not too picky in regard to what cabin you're ultimately placed it, that's great for you, however when you're traveling with teens and have booked 2 cabins across from each other so that they're near you, getting any old cabin just doesn't do. I have to book very early in order to be able to get our mini suite and a triple inside across the hall from us. I don't always get to pick exactly what cabin I want and have to take what works. But once I book I don't want to be moved. My 3 teens are across the hall from us and that's what I paid for, I won't take the attitude of "Oh well, being on board is better than being at home". I also don't want to move so that one of us has to stay with the kids as I enjoy the time alone with my husband. I never would book us on a cruise unless I can get the cabins very, very close together so when I do book it and pay for it I expect to receive what I've booked. I realize that Princess can't control weather or missed ports and have never complained or demanded a thing when this has happened, but they can control the moving of one of my cabins to accomodate someone else and I expect that from them.

This poster booked 2 cabins together for a reason and has the right to keep the bookings that she made. As long as the TA had done the job by marking the cabins No Upgrade then Princess should have left them alone unless they could move both cabins together. She came here for some support and was rightfully upset. We shouldn't be constantly second guessing her motives and just offer her the support that she is looking for. She doesn't seem to be asking for the moon, just to have the cabin she orginally booked so that her teens are across from her.

This poster booked 2 cabins together for a reason and has the right to keep the bookings that she made. As long as the TA had done the job by marking the cabins No Upgrade then Princess should have left them alone unless they could move both cabins together. She came here for some support and was rightfully upset. We shouldn't be constantly second guessing her motives and just offer her the support that she is looking for. She doesn't seem to be asking for the moon, just to have the cabin she orginally booked so that her teens are across from her.
Apparently you’ve not been following this thread as long as I have so you’ve missed some of my other posts. I agree – and have a number of times - that if the original poster booked the two cabins together and if her TA had properly cross referenced and flagged both reservations as no upgrade and Princess upgraded one of the cabins anyway, Princess made a mistake. Unfortunately, we don’t know what Princess really did – all that has been posted here is supposition as to their actions, except for the fact that the booking was corrected. Also I’ve indicated that as the “agent” for this poster, the TA could be handling and correcting this issue – apparently the TA did that.

I can certainly support the original poster’s contention that a mistake should be corrected. I cannot support the overwhelming desire to bash Princess and those who might have been in the stateroom in question for the mistake, given the percentage of mistakes of this kind are very low. I also notice that throughout this thread, discussion of the location of the teenager’s room was somewhat lost.

And my question - if Princess is so bad that they deserve the reaction they got on this thread, why continue to do business with them? - has never been answered.

Apparently you’ve not been following this thread as long as I have so you’ve missed some of my other posts. I agree – and have a number of times - that if the original poster booked the two cabins together and if her TA had properly cross referenced and flagged both reservations as no upgrade and Princess upgraded one of the cabins anyway, Princess made a mistake. Unfortunately, we don’t know what Princess really did – all that has been posted here is supposition as to their actions, except for the fact that the booking was corrected. Also I’ve indicated that as the “agent” for this poster, the TA could be handling and correcting this issue – apparently the TA did that.

I can certainly support the original poster’s contention that a mistake should be corrected. I cannot support the overwhelming desire to bash Princess and those who might have been in the stateroom in question for the mistake, given the percentage of mistakes of this kind are very low. I also notice that throughout this thread, discussion of the location of the teenager’s room was somewhat lost.

And my question - if Princess is so bad that they deserve the reaction they got on this thread, why continue to do business with them? - has never been answered.

Archived