Port

cbandl

I have been to Cozumel 4 or 5 times and we have always docked and someone has told me that the they tendered to Cozumel recently. Any one been to Cozumel in the past couple weeks ??

Almost all ships dock. There have always been are a few ships that tender but it is unusual. I have seen Costa and MSC ships tendering. Read your documents. They should tell you.

Gosh, back in the old days we did tender ... but that was decades ago.:o

Would LOVE to tender there again because it's so convenient! :)

On small ships it was convenient. Did that. But when Hurricane Wilma destroyed all the docks in 2005 and we had to tender from a mega sized ship it was not something to love.

On small ships it was convenient. Did that. But when Hurricane Wilma destroyed all the docks in 2005 and we had to tender from a mega sized ship it was not something to love.

When you had to do this after Wilma was the tender dock still in the center of town? Wonder if it still is if a ship currently has to tender?

LuLu

Gosh, back in the old days we did tender ... but that was decades ago.:o

Would LOVE to tender there again because it's so convenient! :)

When you had to do this after Wilma was the tender dock still in the center of town? Wonder if it still is if a ship currently has to tender?

LuLu

Not sure I would consider it "convenient"? We too had to tender after Wilma and tendered to the pier in town - I think they actually used the ferry pier as one of the locations. Whilst I agree "docking" in town can be convenient, not sure "tendering" can ever be considered convenient!

I think the ships that do still tender, (when there are a lot of ships in port) do usually tender into town but I think Mitsugirly wrote in one of her reviews once about tendering into International.

LuLu

Some used the tender dock right downtown because it was soon after Wilma and the remains of the docks were in the water. Cozumel was canceled for most of the ships at that time and for a while. Some of the ships were able to tender to what was left of a dock. The cruise lines sent as many ships as ships they could out of solidarity with the local people.

The tender dock is still in use, primarily as the ferry dock but ships that tender use that dock in the center of town. I think the ships that have to tender are ones that are not on a normal schedule where they repeat for the whole season.

Better than tendering at that tender dock in my opinion is docking at Punta Langosta which is in town right next to the tender dock. We used to dock there on Princess. Unfortunately after Carnival bought Princess, Princess was moved to the dock used by Carnival, Puerta Maya. I believe that NCL usually docks at Punta Langosta.

Edited by Charles4515