Evening Entertainment

RGBFamily

Hi,

I am wondering what type of evening entertainment that might be offered on our cruise. In my mind I was thinking comedians, plays or something like I have seen on Disney. It will be on the PC crossing over Christmas.

I realize that each of the bar areas will likely have a singer or something but I was thinking more of a "big" act in the auditorium (not sure what they call it on HAL).

Thanks!

You didn't mention which ship you will be on.

The Signature and Vista class ships and also the Rotterdam have the BBKing Blues.

The main show lounge will have 1 or 2 what HAL calls a "production" show -- lasts about 40 - 45 minutes. It isn't really a big act any more. There will be magician, a comedian, etc.

The Ocean Bar will have "The Band" -- no singers on any of the ships we have been on.

The Explorers Lounge will have the Adagio Duo -- a piano play and a violinist.

Depending on the ship -- you may have the Northern Lights disco -- DJ -- plays music. Some ships have the DJ play music late at night in the Crow's Nest.

Some ships have the MIX Bar -- a guitarist plays from 4 or 5 PM until 9 when a piano player starts at the far end of the bar. Other ships have a regular Piano Bar and piano player starts around 9 PM.

Things change from ship to ship.

We will be on the Amsterdam :) Sorry I missed that!

No problem. You won't have the dedicated disco. Instead, your late night dance venue will be the Crow's Nest. IMO, that works out better because it's a bigger, nicer space. It'll probably peter out by 1:00 AM. We've stayed there until 3, but it gets pretty lonely after 1.

Everything people told you about shows and the piano bar will still hold though.

The entertainment in the main show room changes from evening to evening and may include comedians, musical entertainers, as well as the HAL singers and dancers who will do a few shows, etc. One is never sure what will be the show that evening as these mostly changes each cruise but this is in addition to the other venues mentioned above.