Veendam listed for sale - $150,000,000

InTheWASide

Holland fleet might be getting smaller. .

HAL seems to be planning to have fewer ships in the fleet but they will have somewhat near number of cabins. Koningsdam is that much larger than Statendam and Ryndam that though there will be 14 ships' date=' not 15, the cabin count won't be down that much. When Koningsdam's sister joins the fleet, years from now, they will still be down some cabins but not that many. Of course, by then it is likely Maasdam, Veendam and Prinsendam will have left HAL.

[/b']

Don't worry - they ain't paying you nothing .:D

We were pleasantly surprised how good everything looked on the Veendam this summer . All was well maintained . It was my first and probably last opportunity to sail on a "classic" ship . Glad I had the chance .

I agree we were pleasantly surprised what a great ship Veendam still is. The huge mess they made of aft is too bad but otherwise the ship is lovely.

I kind of had a premonition that the Prinsendam may not be with HAL much longer. Having never been on her and really wanting to, I booked a Christmas / New Years cruise on her next month. Can't wait to sail on her.

I'm afraid my other S & R ships may be slowly sailing off into the sunset:mad:

I agree the "S" class ships' days are likely numbered. The did announce that the big suite remodel they are about to start will also happen on the "R" ships. So, we'll see.

We were pleasantly surprised how good everything looked on the Veendam this summer . All was well maintained . It was my first and probably last opportunity to sail on a "classic" ship . Glad I had the chance .

That's nice to hear. When I was last on it (Voyage Of The Vikings 2013) I found it to be in "not so good condition". It just appeared old, worn out, poorly maintained, and had problems with several things not working well (ex. elevators, air conditioning, etc.). My thoughts at that time were, Holland America definitely needs to replace this ship.