Pre purchase of AIBC

volmoma

It does not matter, you can purchase onboard as well.

I would not purchase less the 2 weeks before.

We were thinking of the hassle/ line of purchasing on the ship. We were also looking at 10-14 days out to purchase. We like the ITS TAKEN CARE OF aspect of pre purchase. THANKS ! [emoji41]

Don't leave it too close, I bought the soda package and a gift online a few days out from my cruise and upon boarding the ship found there was no record of the purchase. I had to buy it all again and spend a fair bit of time chasing up refunds.

Dud you not print out your conformation ??? Just curious

Dud you not print out your conformation ??? Just curious

Not a print out, no, I was able to show them the email receipt on my phone which proved I'd paid Princess something, but it didn't specify what I'd bought.

They were busy, and they couldn't get a manager on the phone, blah blah excuses excuses, and they asked me to follow it up with head office after my cruise.

There's never been a line to buy AIBP on board. They sell them in all the bars on embarkation day and any cocktail server will get them for you. Buy them with your first drink order. Last time we bought them from the waiter in the MDR at lunch on embarkation. Day 2 you need to go to Int'l Cafe to buy and make sure they don't charge you for Day 1.

there's never been a line to buy aibp on board. They sell them in all the bars on embarkation day and any cocktail server will get them for you. Buy them with your first drink order. Last time we bought them from the waiter in the mdr at lunch on embarkation. Day 2 you need to go to int'l cafe to buy and make sure they don't charge you for day 1.

ty!!

Does anyone know how this works when the ship is leaving from Houston, Texas? I have heard that there is limited bar service and perhaps taxes, due to being in Texas waters for a few hours. Would they charge taxes for the whole drink package if it's purchased while on board, but not yet in international waters?

Does anyone know how this works when the ship is leaving from Houston, Texas? I have heard that there is limited bar service and perhaps taxes, due to being in Texas waters for a few hours. Would they charge taxes for the whole drink package if it's purchased while on board, but not yet in international waters?

I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone remember how far out you have to be to not pay taxes?

We were told that while in Houston, they must charge state sales tax for anything that was purchased there. That means tax on the whole package IF you purchase while in Texas waters. It was easy to avoid though--I pre-ordered what we wanted on line. I'm told we will get a sticker on the appropriate card when we do our check in and because the purchase was not made in Texas, there is no tax.

Texas is a state that has NO state income tax (good for residents), but has a higher sales tax than some other locations. That hits the tourists and those of us just passing thru.

What if I live in Texas, but buy the package online? Will I still pay tax?

You shouldn't...I live in Texas and I've pre-paid for beverage packages on Royal Caribbean out of Galveston. I have never been charged tax.

Edited by Cindy

I do not think Texas charges taxes for anything bought on the ship in Texas waters.

However, beverage service and selection is limited while in Texas waters because Texas only allows sale of alcohol (including beer and wine) that has been purchased from Texas distributors. Princess has chosen to only purchase limited quantities of a few brands from Texas distributors, so that is all they can serve while in Texas waters. If the ship is late in sailing, that means wine selection at dinner is very limited.

By the way, Texas does charge taxes on any alcohol you bring into Texas when the cruise ends, even if all you are doing is heading to the airport to leave Texas.

You shouldn't...I live in Texas and I've pre-paid for beverage packages on Royal Caribbean out of Galveston. I have never been charged tax.

As long as you pre-order, it shows that the purchase was made at the "home office" of the cruise company. It is as if you ordered from an internet company in Florida. It doesn't matter where you live, it matters where the company is located. So no, you will not be charged tax on pre-ordered items or on items that are put into the ship's computer after she hits international waters.