"LIVE" from the Voyager 10-02-05 to Bermuda from Cape Liberty

Radio

Thanks Radio!

We were just there on the Jewel and found a great little open air bar, just get off the ship and walk straight through the Snorkle Park to a little bar upstairs...I think it is called "Hammerhead". We had a blast and it was filled with crew members so it must be good.

We just loved Bermuda.

I am loving this review. I too will be on the VOS November 18 - 26 for its repo to Miami and I have been to Bermuda twice.

Will Becky Thompson be back by November 18th? I have heard so much love hate about her I was interested in making my own opinions.

OPTIFIRE .. are you the one in 1394 right before me?

I am loving this review. I too will be on the VOS November 18 - 26 for its repo to Miami and I have been to Bermuda twice.

Will Becky Thompson be back by November 18th? I have heard so much love hate about her I was interested in making my own opinions.

OPTIFIRE .. are you the one in 1394 right before me?

Radio,

Thanks for reviews, we just got off VOS 9/4-9/9 only had one day in Bermuda b/c hurricane Nate was closing in on the island. We still had a blast and capt. headed up north to Nantucket for a day at sea that was glass...rough going and coming but I kinda like it that way...It is fun to re-live it from you reports.

Radio,

Thanks for reviews, we just got off VOS 9/4-9/9 only had one day in Bermuda b/c hurricane Nate was closing in on the island. We still had a blast and capt. headed up north to Nantucket for a day at sea that was glass...rough going and coming but I kinda like it that way...It is fun to re-live it from you reports.

MY GROUP OF 10(I think) IS ON THE 11/13 SAILING TO BERMUDA SO THIS THREAD IS SO NEAT. IT'S FUN TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOS AND IMAGINE MYSELF THERE. WE LIVE IN NY SO IT'S NO PROBLEM DRIVING TO THE PIER. IN FACT, WE'VE SEEN IT SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY JUST DRIVING BY IT. WE TRIED TO GET IN THERE CLOSER TO SEE THE ZENITH ONE MORNING.....BUT THE GUARD AT THE LITTLE GATE WOULDNT LET US IN :(

HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE CRUISE AND THANK YOU. BY THE WAY....HOW'S THE SHOPPING ON THE SHIP??? AND HOW ABOUT JOHNNY ROCKETS???????HOW WAS THE FOOD? AND WHAT DID YOU THINK OF SNORKEL PARK IF YOU WENT THERE. WARM ENOUGH TO GO SWIMMING????

ONE MORE QUESTION...HOW WAS THAT CARIBBEAN NIGHT AT 11PM. FUN???

THANKS

JENNIFER

MY GROUP OF 10(I think) IS ON THE 11/13 SAILING TO BERMUDA SO THIS THREAD IS SO NEAT. IT'S FUN TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOS AND IMAGINE MYSELF THERE. WE LIVE IN NY SO IT'S NO PROBLEM DRIVING TO THE PIER. IN FACT, WE'VE SEEN IT SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY JUST DRIVING BY IT. WE TRIED TO GET IN THERE CLOSER TO SEE THE ZENITH ONE MORNING.....BUT THE GUARD AT THE LITTLE GATE WOULDNT LET US IN :(

HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE CRUISE AND THANK YOU. BY THE WAY....HOW'S THE SHOPPING ON THE SHIP??? AND HOW ABOUT JOHNNY ROCKETS???????HOW WAS THE FOOD? AND WHAT DID YOU THINK OF SNORKEL PARK IF YOU WENT THERE. WARM ENOUGH TO GO SWIMMING????

THANKS

JENNIFER

Hello everyone.....

I started today by debarking at about 10AM….A ferry was just about to leave to go to Hamilton. I would say that the Sea Express ferry held about 300 passengers…it was packed. It didn’t take to long to get to Hamilton (about 20 minutes)…It was very fast. There were 2 Celebrity ships there……Horizon and Zenith…

Downtown Hamilton was packed ! There were mobs of passengers everywhere. I wanted dearly to purchase a good cup of coffee (Seattle’s Best wasn’t bad…but I needed something more) There was a place about 2 blocks from Front St. called Rock Island Café’, and it was very very good…There was WiFi, Latte’s, Cappuccino’s, pastries, and even regular coffee. I sat out in the shade for about an hour with a great cup of coffee, and a newspaper.

I walked around for a bit and did some shopping before going to Oleanders…a Scooter rental place….I rented a scooter for 24hrs…(I need to have it back tomorrow by 2PM). Luckily, I can take it back to the facility at Dockyard (where Voyager is) It is parked right out in front of the ship now…The Street Festival is over now (The last festival was last Tuesday…A lot of people were upset over that info..

I took the scooter over to St George, taking some photos along the way. It took about 45min to get there. I thought that St George was very quaint…Not the hustle and bustle of Hamilton…

The 2 ships that were in port over in St George were Norwegian Majesty, and Norwegian Crown….both were docked at the pier.

I then took about 3 hours to drive back to the Dockyard, where I stopped at a few beaches along the way…Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Beach, and Jobson’s Cove…, all were very beautiful. I took a swim at Horseshoe Beach it felt great, (and had some great Fish N Chips……It was an excellent huge serving ).

I returned to King’s Wharf at about 5pm….

Tomorrow I would like to check out things at the Dockyard…there appears to be much to do…hopefully I can cram it all in 1 day !

I will post a few pics of today…but many more can be viewed on my Cruise Photo Page…Just click the link at the bottom of this post.

I will post my next report tomorrow ! Thanks for tuning in !

I will try to answer all answered questions by tomorrow....I want to catch the Love and Marriage show...

Radio

Bermuda Gangway

52784593-ec55-028001E0-.jpg

Voyager of the Seas at King's Wharf

52784661-dd21-028001E0-.jpg

Zenith and Horizon

52784715-e325-028001E0-.jpg

There were over 100 Scooters parked outside by Passengers...

52784537-c249-028001E0-.jpg

Busy Hamilton Morning...

52784846-d5eb-028001E0-.jpg

Wow, thanks for the great updates, RADIO. Reading your reports is getting me pumped for my 11-13-05 to Bermuda on the fabulous Voyager. I had a Kings Wharf-Hamilton ferry question regarding strollers. Can you just roll them right up onto the ferry or do they need to be folded to when you climb aboard?

I think I heard before that you can just roll right up, but I'm not positive. If you notice/remember, I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy your last day there tomorrow, and your fun sea day!

Wow, thanks for the great updates, RADIO. Reading your reports is getting me pumped for my 11-13-05 to Bermuda on the fabulous Voyager. I had a Kings Wharf-Hamilton ferry question regarding strollers. Can you just roll them right up onto the ferry or do they need to be folded to when you climb aboard?

I think I heard before that you can just roll right up, but I'm not positive. If you notice/remember, I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy your last day there tomorrow, and your fun sea day!

They can just be rolled on......

Here's a few more pics...

Radio

52785061-0e2f-028001E0-.jpg

52785070-25d4-028001E0-.jpg

52785158-5384-028001E0-.jpg

52785173-ae7c-028001E0-.jpg

Hi Radio

Thanks so much for the cruise updates. I'll be on VOS again on 10/30 and can't wait to go. I've been to Horseshoe Bay Beach and was thinking of going to Jobson's Cove for next year's cruise to Bermuda. What's your opinion between Horseshoe and Jobson's Cove?

Was St. George easy to get around? DH/I will go there via ferry and back to Hamilton via bus. Never been there and would like your opinion.

When is the ice show? Saw Ice Jammin in July and it was awesome!

Many thanks for your reports and pictures. Have a fantastic cruise.

Is Becky Thomson the CD or is it someone else? Is Captain Pettersen there or is he still on vacation?

Enjoy and have a drink for all of us here at home!

HI RADIO......

Just logged on and checked out all 75 of your pics...they are great...We were in Bermuda last year on the Zenith and it docked in Hamilton and St. George. As I was checking out your pics, I was saying, "I know where he is taking this". It was cool.

Just one question...with the Voyager docking at the Dockyard, did you take any notice to the Taxi's at all? I know you mentioned in your posts, that was not your means of travel, however did you happen to notice were there alot of Taxi's waiting for already booked tours, or alot of taxi's available waiting for anyone to come by? Were the Taxi's close to the ship, or did you have to walk a ways to get to them?

Have a great day tomorrow....I'll be sure to tune in.

Sally

Thanks Radio!

We were just there on the Jewel and found a great little open air bar, just get off the ship and walk straight through the Snorkle Park to a little bar upstairs...I think it is called "Hammerhead". We had a blast and it was filled with crew members so it must be good.

We just loved Bermuda.

birdie, do you happen to know if "Hammerhead" sells any types of clothing/logowear that says "Hammerhead"? The reason I ask is the DW's maiden name is Hammer and thought maybe a Christmas gift for FIL.

Radio, maybe if you end up stopping by there, you'd know too... Thanks.

Hi Radio

Thanks so much for the cruise updates. I'll be on VOS again on 10/30 and can't wait to go. I've been to Horseshoe Bay Beach and was thinking of going to Jobson's Cove for next year's cruise to Bermuda. What's your opinion between Horseshoe and Jobson's Cove?

Was St. George easy to get around? DH/I will go there via ferry and back to Hamilton via bus. Never been there and would like your opinion.

When is the ice show? Saw Ice Jammin in July and it was awesome!

Many thanks for your reports and pictures. Have a fantastic cruise.

Is Becky Thomson the CD or is it someone else? Is Captain Pettersen there or is he still on vacation?

Enjoy and have a drink for all of us here at home!

Jobsons Cove is much leass crowded that Horseshoe Beach..They are both beautiful though.

StGeorge was very easy to get around..It is very small...with alot of shops.

Captain Petterson is on vacation..Beck is not the CD anymore...I will check to see when she comes back.

Radio

;)

HI RADIO......

Just logged on and checked out all 75 of your pics...they are great...We were in Bermuda last year on the Zenith and it docked in Hamilton and St. George. As I was checking out your pics, I was saying, "I know where he is taking this". It was cool.

Just one question...with the Voyager docking at the Dockyard, did you take any notice to the Taxi's at all? I know you mentioned in your posts, that was not your means of travel, however did you happen to notice were there alot of Taxi's waiting for already booked tours, or alot of taxi's available waiting for anyone to come by? Were the Taxi's close to the ship, or did you have to walk a ways to get to them?

Have a great day tomorrow....I'll be sure to tune in.

Sally

There were lots of taxis....They pick you up right at the ship ! The busses were (seemed like) every 15 minutes.

Thanks for the nice comments....

Radio

;)

THANKS

JENNIFER

Hi Jenny..I am going to the snorkel park today....I didn't make it Hammerheads...I was beat last night ....(woke up at 5AM)

The shopping on the ship is very reasonably priced...there are many deal...I haven't beento JR's yest..maybe tomorrow. Today will be a relaxing day at the Dockyard. I will try to visit several attractions...

The sun us up, and it appears to be a great day. The shops do not open before 9:30 AM...I will get off of the ship then...We must be back by 4:30PM

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio

Thanks so much for the information. Any idea when the Captain will return? I'm hoping by our cruise on 10/30. Sad that Becky is not there, she's a riot!

Greatly appreciate your feedback on the ship, shows, Bermuda, etc. I'm very thankful for the time you're spending doing this on your vacation. It's helping me plan our cruise.

When is the ice show? I heard that it's during the day on Monday. Not sure if that's true. Could you verify that for me when you get a chance.

Many thanks again and looking forward to your report later on!

Have a wonderful day in Bermuda! 16_6_13.gif

Hi Radio

When is the ice show? I heard that it's during the day on Monday. Not sure if that's true. Could you verify that for me when you get a chance.

Many thanks again and looking forward to your report later on!

Have a wonderful day in Bermuda!

There are several Ice Shows...The first 2 were on Monday.There will be 2 Shows tomorrow. ! ! The new show is "Ice Odyssey"

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks for the great photos...

We are taking this same cruise next May on the Explorer and I was wondering,

do they have the Grand Buffet on this cruise? the one at midnight?

What type of entertainment does this cruise have? I heard someone say that the Village People were one of the acts? or the Drifters? anyone special?

Is there Bingo?

Have you ever done the 7 or 9 day cruise and if so any difference between the two?

Here are a few more pics.....

Radio

At the Dockyard.....

52799934-9a56-02000180-.jpg

Snorkel Park

52799954-c2f5-02000180-.jpg

Sea Express Ferry to Hamilton

52799975-674f-02000180-.jpg

Voyager of the Seas at the Royal Navel Dockyard

52785199-6693-028001E0-.jpg

View from the Ship

52799919-81bd-02000180-.jpg