Lovely Gift

Sascol

So we are on Anthem now. On the transatlantic sailing some folks were a bit peeved that the first transatlantic sailing was really not acknowledged and that in some cases only a flimsy paper photo was given out to commemorate the sailing. Look what we just received tonight. A very nice photo set with a leather like cover that opens. I thought this was quite nice and we were very surprised. Impressed.

image.jpg.90036a958112f9ec03550842690ef362.jpg

So we are on Anthem now. On the transatlantic sailing some folks were a bit peeved that the first transatlantic sailing was really not acknowledged and that in some cases only a flimsy paper photo was given out to commemorate the sailing. Look what we just received tonight. A very nice photo set with a leather like cover that opens. I thought this was quite nice and we were very surprised. Impressed.

Thanks for sharing this information. Very happy for you. I was on the TA and yes, it was annoying that there was zero recognition the entire cruise that anything special was going on -- a new ship being taken across the Atlantic ocean for the very first time. I was not expecting gifts or such, just some recognition that it was a special crossing. So it seemed hysterical to me that, on the last day, we returned to our cabin to find, left on our bed, a certificate printed out on plain copier paper, already crinkled, to commemorate the crossing. It was totally cheesy. (Photo below)

Glad you got what you did. I have two questions: are the photos printed on actual photo paper (or at least some heavy stock paper), and are you in a suite or a non-suite? (I'm wondering if everyone received the gift you did.) Anyway, very happy for you, and I hope you've enoyed your cruise.

PS: Maybe the money RCI is saving/making by charging for WOW bands enabled them to do this. LOL.

Certificate%20of%20First%20TA%20Sailing_zpszhmatkmu.jpg

Edited by Turtles06

Turtles, I saw your post before we sailed. This is what prompted me to post this. Throughout the cruise they have made brief mentions that this was the first Caribbean sailing for Anthem. They have not dwelled on it though so we were surprised to get this. We thought it was nice.

To answer your questions, we are NOT in a suite. We have a balcony cabin on deck 8. The booklet has three photos. Two on heavy stock paper and one is on photo paper.

I have posted the front of the item below.

image.jpg.017400234f3154234c85cede7bb951c3.jpg

Edited by Sascol

Turtles, I saw your post before we sailed. This is what prompted me to post this. Throughout the cruise they have made brief mentions that this was the first Caribbean sailing for Anthem. They have not dwelled on it though so we were surprised to get this. We thought it was nice.

To answer your questions, we are NOT in a suite. We have a balcony cabin on deck 8. The booklet has three photos. Two on heavy stock paper and one is on photo paper.

I have posted the front of the item below.

Very nice! Thanks for the reply, and very glad you have this nice gift!

Hopefully the first Harmony sailing in the Caribbean will get this because we are on it and this is a very nice gift.

Hopefully the first Harmony sailing in the Caribbean will get this because we are on it and this is a very nice gift.

Should have mentioned we also all got RCCL backpacks. Nothing super fancy but nicer than the ones that are just a pouch with strings. These are actually going to be useful for beach trips, etc. Several pockets with zippers.

Should have mentioned we also all got RCCL backpacks. Nothing super fancy but nicer than the ones that are just a pouch with strings. These are actually going to be useful for beach trips, etc. Several pockets with zippers.

Sounds great.

We were very surprised and impressed too -- I love the Anthem inaugural season backpack. It was funny in the ports, everyone from the Anthem was wearing them around LOL. Looks like RCI is learning from past mistakes.

Edited by Dave85

Happy for you again. Really, I think the TA was the stepchild of the inaugural season.