What not to miss on the Reflection?

Love PalmTrees

Just got off the Reflection for Thanksgiving week, my first celebrity sailing.

- The Sunset Bar- if Lazar is bartending just tell him to make you something special, never dissappointed.

- The Art Studio- Did the complimentary wire bracelet and one painting class, I have negative artistic talent Megan in the Art Studio was very patient and encouraging. Sign up for classes early upon boarding spots go fast.

- The cirque style show set to rock music, great time.

-The Martini Bar- the DJ sets up here every evening about 7 or 8pm great party, good music, if you are looking for a quiet relaxing atmosphere to have a conversation this is not it, try cellar masters or the ensemble lounge, or previously mentioned sunset bar.

- Qsine- loved this restaurant go with a large group if you can 10 or more would be ideal to be able to try the entire menu. There were 5 of us and we barely made a dent. So much food and so much fun, definitely not for the fussy eater.

-Solarium- Aqua Spa Cafe- they make great green juices and smoothies so for someone like me that is used to a juice or a smoothie everyday it was nice. Also a welcome change to be able to get away from the sun at the outdoor pool but still lounge about.

Just got off the Reflection for Thanksgiving week, my first celebrity sailing.

- The Sunset Bar- if Lazar is bartending just tell him to make you something special, never dissappointed.

- The Art Studio- Did the complimentary wire bracelet and one painting class, I have negative artistic talent Megan in the Art Studio was very patient and encouraging. Sign up for classes early upon boarding spots go fast.

- The cirque style show set to rock music, great time.

-The Martini Bar- the DJ sets up here every evening about 7 or 8pm great party, good music, if you are looking for a quiet relaxing atmosphere to have a conversation this is not it, try cellar masters or the ensemble lounge, or previously mentioned sunset bar.

- Qsine- loved this restaurant go with a large group if you can 10 or more would be ideal to be able to try the entire menu. There were 5 of us and we barely made a dent. So much food and so much fun, definitely not for the fussy eater.

-Solarium- Aqua Spa Cafe- they make great green juices and smoothies so for someone like me that is used to a juice or a smoothie everyday it was nice. Also a welcome change to be able to get away from the sun at the outdoor pool but still lounge about.

Was there a charge for the art studio classes? And where do you go to sign up for them upon boarding? Thanks!

Thanks, everyone for all your great recommendations! So great hear of all the wonderful things to look forward too. :)

MIA2CHI - That wire bracelet art class sounds like fun. Also, would like to know where to register for this class.

MIA2CHI - Also, do you recall which night the cirque-style show was? Helps to know for possible specialty restaurant dinner reservations.

Was there a charge for the art studio classes? And where do you go to sign up for them upon boarding? Thanks!

Yes it was $20 we signed up at the Art Studio right after lunch on boarding day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Keesar,

Thanks for the info especially about the Aqua Spa. DH and I eat healthy (most of the time), but on a cruise it is difficult with all the tempting foods offerings. We have cruised previously, just not on Celebrity for quite some time. Having past cruise experience, in my opinion, only makes the anticipation greater. :):) Excited to see the differences between Celebrity and Carnival. I have a feeling we are making a move up the luxury ladder.

As another fellow Bean-Counter and one who appreciates and buys good art, you will LOVE the art. DH and I love to stop in the stairways (we try to take the stairways as much as possible on ships, but this ship actually makes it ENJOYABLE!) and just take in the art.

I think given that you have been on mainly Carnival and not on Celebrity for quite a while, you will find a BIG difference. We found Celebrity, having not been on a Celebrity ship ourselves in around 10 years, to be very classy, pampering and best of all, RELAXING.

Something not to miss, be sure to treat yourself to lunch in one of the Specialty Restaurants, we especially enjoyed Bistro on Five.

Evening jazz concert on the lawn. If on Eastern Carribean cruise they usually hold the concert on the evening you dock in Puerto Rico. They lay out blankets, coffee tables, lanterns, cheese/crackers/fruit. Waiters will take drink orders on the lawn. It is really nice and civilized. I hope they still have this.

Enjoying an evening jazz concert and just plain relaxing sound absolutely wonderful!!! It has been a stressful year (way too many "life events" taking place at same time) and relaxing is all DH and I want to do. Carnival can get very busy, but it never bothered us because we always just did how much we wanted to do. This is the beauty of a cruise. IMHO, any cruise is a good cruise. :)

• 2 months later...

We second the aqua cafe, on Equinox we ate in every dining option and they were all good but after a week of heavy food we found ourselves gravitating to this cafe.

Loved the lawn, simply awesome whether just relaxing or playing bocce or croquet.

Where are u cruising?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Celebrity could not reach an agreement with the Molecular folks (separate entity), announced 8 or 9 months ago.

Thank you for the quick response!

We loved the Cellar Masters with the automated wine dispensers during our cruise in 2012, do they still have that?

Just off the Reflection - we though the food at the Aqua Spa had improved since our last trip (January '14) and in the buffet as well. Excellent curries and lots of good salad and fruit choices. There's nothing nicer than eating outside at the very stern, watching the ship's wake.

If it's your thing, the buffet offers some basic but tasty sushi at 5:30 - fun to take to have with a drink at the stern or one flight up in the Sunset bar.

Fabulous! We are in Aqua March 12. DH not impressed with Blu but I love it. Maybe if he sees a different menu, he will be happier to be there with his lovely wife.

Love curry and glad there is more than one.

Do you know if Nik is still a bartender at the Sunset bar? We love him and he really made our stay on the Reflection last year so much more enjoyable.

I posted a really long review, including link to photos of veranda stateroom, a few days ago. I followed up with a post of 7/8 daily newsletters. These were from the 30 Jan sailing. Having sailed Reflection twice now, these are the places not to miss: Sunset Bar; Deck 16 (solstice deck - great for lounging when you can't find a spot right by the pool); on a cool day, the Hideaway or Cafe Al Bacio for coffee/tea.

Happy cruising! I hope that you all enjoy your sailings.