Majesty refurbishment

jamon

Does anyone know if the Majesty is going to have a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge lounge when she is refurbished?

I hope so, a Concierge Lounge at the very least. No incentive to stay in GS on Majesty right now.

I hope so, and am wondering the same thing. However, I have looked at the documentation that RCCL has sent out saying what is going to be added and neither are listed.

Right now, they do still have the cocktail hour in the Viking Crown and serve everything that is served in both Lounges. You do NOT have to use your drink coupons in the Viking Crown, you just have to show them your card when you sit down to see a D, D+ or PC so if they don't get the lounges hopefully that continues.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find anything either. Since she's moving to our home port and the UGH we had with Monarch, I was wondering if some of those items might be improved.

Although, I doubt the lack of an adult-only area could be fixed and that is #1 on our list.

I couldn't find anything either. Since she's moving to our home port and the UGH we had with Monarch, I was wondering if some of those items might be improved.

Although, I doubt the lack of an adult-only area could be fixed and that is #1 on our list.

I agree, the Solarium will be the number one item I miss from Enchantment.

The website has been updated and lists quite a few things. Not sure if this is everything but it's only a 2 week dry dock so not a not of time.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=SS&shipCode=MJ&br=R

I wanted to point out that any evidence of the addition of waterslides, Izumi, or Sabor have been eliminated.

When the dry dock was first announced, these 3 things were included in the list of new venues/features.

I wanted to point out that any evidence of the addition of waterslides, Izumi, or Sabor have been eliminated.

When the dry dock was first announced, these 3 things were included in the list of new venues/features.

I noticed that about the water slides a while ago but it's interesting that Izumi and Sabor are missing as well. That will be unfortunate if those are not added. To me those were some of the best features they were going to add.

I noticed that about the water slides a while ago but it's interesting that Izumi and Sabor are missing as well. That will be unfortunate if those are not added. To me those were some of the best features they were going to add.

Agreed. I'm fine without the waterslides, but no Izumi or Sabor would really be a shame.

Ps. Chef's Table is also gone.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

That is what I thought. Looking at the link the only thing new I saw was the VOOM internet.

I am personally waiting the release of information that comes out just before drydock (Such as Jewel did this week) about the work that will be done. As of last month on Enchantment they were still talking about the waterslides and restaurants that will be added to Majesty (As it will be replacing Enchantment in Pt. Canaveral) It will be interesting to see the updated deckplans in the coming days.

Also, remember this ship was drydocked this January for engine/underbody work but that is all they worked on (nothing in guest areas). This drydock will be very much on the "hotel" side (Things guests see).

Edited by Firefighterhoop

The cocktail hour is for C&A not Suites. They really need a CL on Majesty, to make it worth booking a GS

This is incorrect. There is an area blocked off in the VCL for suite guests (gold cards) and an ajacent area for C&A diamond and above. The two times we sailed in suites the also had some finger type food. Once in steam tables (like in the lounges) and once passed by waiters.

This past Sept we enjoyed a Chef's table in the side private dining room.

This is incorrect. There is an area blocked off in the VCL for suite guests (gold cards) and an ajacent area for C&A diamond and above. The two times we sailed in suites the also had some finger type food. Once in steam tables (like in the lounges) and once passed by waiters.

This past Sept we enjoyed a Chef's table in the side private dining room.

So is it a cocktail hour like CL? 5 to 8:30 with free drinks and appetizers? I've always been told there was nothing for suite guests on Majesty.

So is it a cocktail hour like CL? 5 to 8:30 with free drinks and appetizers? I've always been told there was nothing for suite guests on Majesty.

Yes, even though Majesty does not have a dedicated CL, they have been holding a CL type cocktail hour for suite guests.

Majesty also hold a full cocktail hour for D and D+'s. We go up to VCL all the time b/t 5 and 8 for drinks and food. Just like going to a DL or CL, just no walls-lol!!! Are is roped off for us right to the left of the ship's wheel that is up there. We enjoy sitting up there and having drinks/bites and watching what is going on down by the pool