Majesty refurbishment

jamon

I was really looking forward to all the upgrades. Slides are important when we take the grandkids. Will miss coco cay, but for only a extra half hour drive for us ,Tampa is looking like our new Dec. home port.

Edited by cruzin76

I was really looking forward to all the upgrades. Slides are important when we take the grandkids. Will miss coco cay, but for only a extra half hour drive for us ,Tampa is looking like our new Dec. home port.

No 3 day trips out of Tampa, plus the Brilliance slide is lame, even for toddlers.

Edited by John&LaLa

The current Viking Crown lounge for D, D+ etc is a real yawner. You are better off going to the Schooner Bar and using your vouchers. There were a total of 5 people there on the first night we went and that included us. It was so boring we never went back. Got our drinks at the Schooner Bar instead.

I like the view up in the Viking Crown, especially since you leave port each night around concierge times (Minus Nassau on the 4 night where they are in until Midnight). The last few times I have been on the Bar Servers up there have been FANTASTIC!

I wanted to point out that any evidence of the addition of waterslides, Izumi, or Sabor have been eliminated.

When the dry dock was first announced, these 3 things were included in the list of new venues/features.

Bummer! I'm taking the grandkids on Majesty at the end of June and was really hoping for waterslides. I guess they'll just have to settle for a pool.

The current Viking Crown lounge for D, D+ etc is a real yawner. You are better off going to the Schooner Bar and using your vouchers. There were a total of 5 people there on the first night we went and that included us. It was so boring we never went back. Got our drinks at the Schooner Bar instead.

Sorry but we love it up there. The view is amazing and we talk to the staff and have a great time. We go to Schooner's after dinner and listen to music, but for the cocktail hour it is always the VCL. The staff up there knows us and we enjoy talking to them and other D+ that are up there. Plus it is great watching sail away from up there.

Edited by karena1

The press release for all of the changes coming to Majesty of the Seas was released on July 6th of this year and they have not updated that release.

While there have been events following that announcement that could effect things, there has been no indication of that.

The announcement of the NCL Epic being home-ported at PC seasonally was more in response to Oasis than to Majesty.

The announcement that Liberty would also get waterslides on August 10th and that they would include some 'first at sea' features and the fact that these will be installed in January gave these slides more 'wow' factor than the Majesty slides.

The move of Empress back to RCI and her most likely dry dock in Feb./March also might have some relation to the issue as this dry dock will be completed prior to the Majesty dry dock.

While Majesty is also not on the 'Dreamworks' ship page on the website, they did not add Anthem to that list until the day before her arrival in the USA and it must be assumed that they are still planning DreamWorks for Majesty, even though it is not on the website.

No 3 day trips out of Tampa, plus the Brilliance slide is lame, even for toddlers.

Right on both counts, but is it just me? I would pick a four day on Brilliance over a three on Majesty hands down (without upgrades proposed). Enchantment won over this time.

Right on both counts, but is it just me? I would pick a four day on Brilliance over a three on Majesty hands down (without upgrades proposed). Enchantment won over this time.

Taking our 9 year old GS on one of the last Enchantment 3 days out of PC. He'll probably kill us, way to much energy

Edited by John&LaLa

The press release for all of the changes coming to Majesty of the Seas was released on July 6th of this year and they have not updated that release.

While there have been events following that announcement that could effect things, there has been no indication of that.

The announcement of the NCL Epic being home-ported at PC seasonally was more in response to Oasis than to Majesty.

The announcement that Liberty would also get waterslides on August 10th and that they would include some 'first at sea' features and the fact that these will be installed in January gave these slides more 'wow' factor than the Majesty slides.

The move of Empress back to RCI and her most likely dry dock in Feb./March also might have some relation to the issue as this dry dock will be completed prior to the Majesty dry dock.

While Majesty is also not on the 'Dreamworks' ship page on the website, they did not add Anthem to that list until the day before her arrival in the USA and it must be assumed that they are still planning DreamWorks for Majesty, even though it is not on the website.

Are you trying to imply that people should not 'count out' the additions of the waterslide and Izumi and Sabor to Her Majesty? From everything I have seen in the past few days on the Majesty website, it lists what will be new -- and waterslides and these two restaurants are NOT listed there.

After the announcement that Her Majesty was remaining in the fleet and not going to Pullmantr the dry dock for Her Majesty was much longer than it currently is.

What is terrible about this change, is the view or feeling it puts in the minds of cruisers -- those who love to sail out of PC feel they are getting a lesser ship, to replace Enchantment; those who were excited about something new on the short cruise -- feel misinformed -- and won't care if it was intentional (I hope not) or due to some practical business situation. They will not be very trusting of information coming from Royal.

[quote name='Paulette3028']Are you trying to imply that people should not 'count out' the additions of the waterslide and Izumi and Sabor to Her Majesty? From everything I have seen in the past few days on the Majesty website, it lists what will be new -- and waterslides and these two restaurants are NOT listed there.

QUOTE]

I recall the situation differently. The dry dock is the same length that I had noted at that time. I am only stating that RCI have not put out any further information concerning Majesty since the press release. Majesty had a 'mechanical; dry dock already last year and this upcoming dry dock is 'cosmetic' from what I have understood. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing.