Debarkation Time- GEM

digital_curator

I hope someone can help. I am booking a shuttle for my in-laws to Newark Airport. It says that the GEM gets in at 10am. Is this true?

I'm not worried about their flight because it isn't until 6pm but I don't want them to either miss their shuttle or have to sit in the terminal for hours.

What is the earliest/latest that they can get off?

Cheers,

I hope someone can help. I am booking a shuttle for my in-laws to Newark Airport. It says that the GEM gets in at 10am. Is this true?

I'm not worried about their flight because it isn't until 6pm but I don't want them to either miss their shuttle or have to sit in the terminal for hours.

What is the earliest/latest that they can get off?

Cheers,

Why don't they take the cruise shuttle? Then they won't have any issues about waiting for the bus.

OP, not sure if you saw or read this recent thread - it might help, generalized info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2282704

What is your IL's arrival date ? NCL's ship transfer to airport is available from NYC to all 3 area airports - LGA, JFK & EWR, for flights after 1 PM (or later) and generally available for booking online (sign into MyNCL dot com, prior to sailing) and/or can be booked once onboard, up to 3 or 4 days before disembarkation (don't remember the cutoff deadline)

The GEM is returning tomorrow from its Caribbean sailing and appeared to be on a slower trip up off the NJ coast at this moment, it's usually within maritime radar tracking range by now (Breakaway is southbound doing about 20 knots off/near Atlantic City waters currently) - so at least for tomorrow, arrival doesn't appeared to be early like 7 AM, as is usually the case (despite the posted 10 AM arrival time)

If the GEM is docking between 8 AM and 10 AM, it usually take up to 1 hour (or more) for local officials to clear the ship before the Self Walkoff can start, and then by colored zone tags an hour later (so, as early as 10 AM and as late as noon ... but, usually not that "late" as it will affect the turnaround & sailing time for the next group) I would say depending on the timing, they can generally stay onboard as late as 2 hours after docking/arrival - while they wait in the public area (being not in a hurry).

It is generally okay to book a car service (Dial7 or Carmel are generally recommended over at the East Coast forum here on CC) as the ship coming within NY's lower bay/harbour with cellular signal from land towers, and get confirmed for a shuttle. Fares including tolls & tips should run under $100 and not that much more than NCL's bus shuttle, where they wait for everyone that booked to be seated & their luggage placed below in the "hold" before leaving for the airport.

There is an optional upcharge NYC tour for those with flights after 4 PM ending with airport dropoff, for a higher p/p amount, of course. But, it can be a good thing instead of sitting at EWR for hours and no place to go (unless they have club/lounge access, airside, etc.) NCL bus transfer/airport pax on the cruise are given special luggage tags and a given time to be OFF the ship and directions on where to meet, usually (if not always) on the ground level inside the terminal building with the bus loading bay.