Just off Anthem - GREAT cruise!

Great info - thanks! iFly is free once for 60 seconds - correct? Is Northstar a one-time freeby too?

They're both free as many times as you do them, the only limit is that you many only book once ahead of time online. North Star will be standby after the first reservation, iFly you can book ahead at the office near the Flowrider/Seaplex.

We are in cabin 13564 so it's a bit more foward and closer to the Solarium. Hoping it's a bit quieter. I do like to take a nap in the afternoon.

Nothing yet is available to book online except for dining. Do you know how far in advance they open up reservations on-line for activities? We sail on March 7, 2016.

Thanks again.

I found that activities and dining opened up for online booking in a staggered fashion. The North Star was the last thing to open up, about a week ahead of our cruise. Just keep your eye open, week by week, everything will show up eventually. A more experienced RC cruiser may know the official date of how far out bookings will start.

I hope your cabin will be quieter than mine! It was not a deal breaker though. Honestly deck 13 was so incredibly convenient to the pool deck and everything above, the buffet, the spa and gym (which I did not use), it was so easy to navigate and get around. You can get into the Solarium directly from deck 13 so no need to go outside and get cold.

I found that activities and dining opened up for online booking in a staggered fashion. The North Star was the last thing to open up, about a week ahead of our cruise. Just keep your eye open, week by week, everything will show up eventually. A more experienced RC cruiser may know the official date of how far out bookings will start.

I hope your cabin will be quieter than mine! It was not a deal breaker though. Honestly deck 13 was so incredibly convenient to the pool deck and everything above, the buffet, the spa and gym (which I did not use), it was so easy to navigate and get around. You can get into the Solarium directly from deck 13 so no need to go outside and get cold.

Okay, thanks. Hopefully it won't be to bad. I guess maybe I will bring ear plugs just in case. My DH goes to the gym every day so that will be good for him.

They're both free as many times as you do them, the only limit is that you many only book once ahead of time online. North Star will be standby after the first reservation, iFly you can book ahead at the office near the Flowrider/Seaplex.

Great - thanks! I have them both pre-booked once. I may want to rebook Northstar at different ports.

Wow bands are no longer free btw. $5 and totally not worth it, saw many trying to awkwardly use them and they looked silly and provide no special benefits other than being an ugly device to wear. Don't waste your money.

I will eventually try this class of ship, just not sure when. What do you mean my "awkardly use the bands?" because they are on your wrist they have to be scanned against a door or other equipment?

The only advantage I can see is not losing them around the pool or on shore.

Guest maddycat
I will eventually try this class of ship, just not sure when. What do you mean my "awkardly use the bands?" because they are on your wrist they have to be scanned against a door or other equipment?

You still need your sea pass card to get on and off of the ship.

At bars when people would try to use them to pay, rather than hand over a card, there was an awkward twisting and reaching to get it scanned. One silly guy stood there holding out his left arm where he had his regular watch on for quite a while before he realized his error! I didn't see that they would be useful unless you went to the gym like one person mentioned, and didn't have a spot for a card. I don't like wearing bracelets on vacation, like you have to at some all inclusive resorts. It's uncomfortable.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are less than 4 weeks away from our holiday cruise.

Question about boarding...this is the first time when doing my on line check in that I was asked to select a boarding time. Did you have to do that and what was your experience? We have iFly booked for the boys at 1 PM boarding day, but our boarding time is 11:30-12:00. I've never boarded that late and was wondering if you kept to your selected boarding time or if you went and boarded earlier.

I'd like to make sure we're on and have a bite of lunch before I take the kids to iFly.

Also, if you drove and parked, how was your experience parking in the new deck and making your way to the terminal? My mom has a handicap placard so we'll be using that as well. I'd like to drop her, the boys and the luggage off at the terminal, then park and walk back over.

Hello Janet, I can answer the parking question. We were on the same cruise. We dropped our luggage off and went straight ahead to the new parking facility, parked easily on Level 2 (you pay as you enter), and walked back to check-in. (You actually could check-in right in the parking area if you wanted to, although in your case you will be going back to join your family.) We just walked back the brief distance and checked in inside. It was quick and painless. Enjoy!

Hello Janet, I can answer the parking question. We were on the same cruise. We dropped our luggage off and went straight ahead to the new parking facility, parked easily on Level 2 (you pay as you enter), and walked back to check-in. (You actually could check-in right in the parking area if you wanted to, although in your case you will be going back to join your family.) We just walked back the brief distance and checked in inside. It was quick and painless. Enjoy!

This is the first I am hearing about the possibility of doing cruise checking-in at the parking garage. I may be more interested in doing that. I take it then that after doing that, there is a way to get to the ship directly from the garage?

This is the first I am hearing about the possibility of doing cruise checking-in at the parking garage. I may be more interested in doing that. I take it then that after doing that' date=' there is a way to get to the ship directly from the garage?[/quote']

Basically some persons with tablets (same as inside) were available on Level 1 of the parking area (basically where you had to exit the parking area to walk to the terminal). You still have to walk outside and through the same area to get to the ship. However, the outside walk is quite brief. I don't think it makes much difference if you do one or the other.

Basically some persons with tablets (same as inside) were available on Level 1 of the parking area (basically where you had to exit the parking area to walk to the terminal). You still have to walk outside and through the same area to get to the ship. However, the outside walk is quite brief. I don't think it makes much difference if you do one or the other.

Thanks - it is a good option, less crowds to deal with inside terminal waiting. Any idea how many levels are in the parking lot? I understand the elevators are pretty large. I have heard about some people getting there at 9am and getting checked in early. We have a 10:30 check-in time, but want to get there earlier if possible. Just wondering if at that early time, the off-loading passengers are still coming out of the parking lot, which could cause backups.

We are in cabin 11594 on an up coming cruise. On previous ships we have been on Decks 5,2,7,8 never this high up. Please give information if you felt movement, noise and anything else you feel we should know about. Also if any one who was in this cabin could comment about the cabin itself that would be appreciated.

Thanks - it is a good option' date=' less crowds to deal with inside terminal waiting. Any idea how many levels are in the parking lot? I understand the elevators are pretty large. I have heard about some people getting there at 9am and getting checked in early. We have a 10:30 check-in time, but want to get there earlier if possible. Just wondering if at that early time, the off-loading passengers are still coming out of the parking lot, which could cause backups.[/quote']

There are at least 3 levels with many spots. We also had a 10:30AM check-in time. We arrived about 10AM and checked in immediately by walking up to one of these check-in people in the terminal (no lines). We then walked right to the ship.

Did you do chefs table? We loved it on quantum and are excited to do it again on anthem. Just wondering what was on the menu this time if you happen to have done it :)

We did do th chefs table. The menu was :

Compressed pork and fritter

Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay

Crab and fennel salad, basil oil, grape tomatoes

Honig Sauvignon blanc

Sea bass with roasted cauliflower

Fried curry leaves curried cauliflower brioche, caper vinaigrette

William Fevre Chablis 1er Cru

Confit beef with truffle jus

Stuffed morels, curried brioche, beet gel, smoked foie

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon

Elderflower and strawberry trifle

(No wine pairing)

Dark chocolate tart with white chocolate Crema

Castello Del poggio, Pavia, Italy.

What Tribute Bands were playing in the Music Hall?

Well on our cruise there were several options. Starting at the beginning, the beatlemaniacs were headlining so they did their after show in the music Hall which was much more fun than the theater. They had the band rock the boat, they do 70 and 80 rock music very nicely. They also had a guy in the theater doing tribute to like Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis Jr and th lik. Also my favorite was the band hot spices, a Bob Marley band that was very excellent. Sorry not all in the music hall but they have great stuff there every night.

Well on our cruise there were several options. Starting at the beginning, the beatlemaniacs were headlining so they did their after show in the music Hall which was much more fun than the theater. They had the band rock the boat, they do 70 and 80 rock music very nicely.

I hope they are still on the Anthem in May next year. I saw a Beatles tribute band on NCL Epic and they were awesome!!

We did do th chefs table. The menu was :

Compressed pork and fritter

Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay

Crab and fennel salad, basil oil, grape tomatoes

Honig Sauvignon blanc

Sea bass with roasted cauliflower

Fried curry leaves curried cauliflower brioche, caper vinaigrette

William Fevre Chablis 1er Cru

Confit beef with truffle jus

Stuffed morels, curried brioche, beet gel, smoked foie

Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon

Elderflower and strawberry trifle

(No wine pairing)

Dark chocolate tart with white chocolate Crema

Castello Del poggio, Pavia, Italy.

Wow sounds heavenly. Nice to see they are featuring Caymus again. Thanks so much for posting!

Hey Groucho, I see you were on deck 13. We will be in cabin 13596 (D4). Any worries about the noise above? Highest I've ever been in deck 8, but the price was so good, I took was they gave me. Thanks.

I was cabin 13210 directly below main outdoor pool area. Only time noise really bothered me was around 5am every day, seems they were moving deck chairs and power washing deck. I think it lasted around 30-45 minutes. Noise was intermittent not constant but enough to bother me as I'm a light sleeper. Didn't ruin my time or anything and I'd still choose deck 13 in the future for it's super convenient location to everything up above and especially the solarium.

We are in cabin 11594 on an up coming cruise. On previous ships we have been on Decks 5,2,7,8 never this high up. Please give information if you felt movement, noise and anything else you feel we should know about. Also if any one who was in this cabin could comment about the cabin itself that would be appreciated.

On deck 13 movement was really not an issue, most of the time you can't really tell the ship is moving. If the seas get a little rough you may have some rocking, same as on any deck, but this was the smoothest ship I've ever sailed, couldn't even feel it when we pulled into ports in the morning which I can typically feel right away. You're between decks of cabins only so you shouldn't have noise issues from above or below.