Lost our OBC with no notification

We booked a BOGOHO sale for Anthem, the promo was the pricing as well as $200 OBC, clearly stated in our confirmation email. I watched the prices on the sailing and availability as there were no balconies when we booked. A week or so later, there were balconies available an in fact cheaper than the inside we paid for. So I called and they were able to switch us from inside to a balcony and I was told repeatedly by the rep on the phone that this was technically a DOWNGRADE and he was required to inform me of this and there would be no price adjustment as it was after final payment. Fine. We got onboard and lo and behold our OBS is missing. Went to guest services and was told it was "removed". The explanation is that if you make any change to your booking you lose it. Shouldn't the rep who handled my change have told me this? You think it's worth arguing after the fact?

We booked a BOGOHO sale for Anthem, the promo was the pricing as well as $200 OBC, clearly stated in our confirmation email. I watched the prices on the sailing and availability as there were no balconies when we booked. A week or so later, there were balconies available an in fact cheaper than the inside we paid for. So I called and they were able to switch us from inside to a balcony and I was told repeatedly by the rep on the phone that this was technically a DOWNGRADE and he was required to inform me of this and there would be no price adjustment as it was after final payment. Fine. We got onboard and lo and behold our OBS is missing. Went to guest services and was told it was "removed". The explanation is that if you make any change to your booking you lose it. Shouldn't the rep who handled my change have told me this? You think it's worth arguing after the fact?

Correct

Different rates have different promo codes..some with obc,some not.

Its a chance you take when you change categories or even take advantage of a price drop..

Edited by PH8

I wish I knew before hand. Could have saved me some time in line for guest services. Lesson learned! Thanks.

Same thing has happened to many of us. That is why whenever I used to ask about making a change, I had a written invoice in front of me so I was able go over all the perks on the booking with the rep on the phone. Now my excellent travel agent does it for me.:)

Same thing has happened to many of us. That is why whenever I used to ask about making a change, I had a written invoice in front of me so I was able go over all the perks on the booking with the rep on the phone. Now my excellent travel agent does it for me.:)

As she/he should!:p

same thing has happened to many of us. That is why whenever i used to ask about making a change, i had a written invoice in front of me so i was able go over all the perks on the booking with the rep on the phone. Now my excellent travel agent does it for me.:)

as she/he should!:p

yeah!!!!!!:)

As she/he should!:p

I feel bad for her because many times she has to call them multiple times to get something fixed. I know it's her job, but I cannot imagine having to deal with Royal and their computer systems and policies every day.

In my opinion, the agent should have told you that the OBC would be removed before confirming the change. In any event, he should have sent you a new confirmation that showed no OBC, at which point you would have had time to call RCI back and plead your case (I don't think you would have won, though).

Guest Services was mistaken in saying that any change to your booking would cause you to lose OBC. As Bob said, it's only when you change the promotion under which you book, not changing cabin numbers, dining times, etc. (sometimes the OBC will drop off, but I've always been able to get it back).

After reading this I got a little worried. I literally changed staterooms this morning (same category). I asked the agent if this would change my rate or OBC and she said no. She sent a confirmation, but I had not reviewed it until now. My situation is different than the OP... Instead of the $100 OBC I originally had, I now have $200. How can this be? Do you think it is an error?

After reading this I got a little worried. I literally changed staterooms this morning (same category). I asked the agent if this would change my rate or OBC and she said no. She sent a confirmation' date=' but I had not reviewed it until now. My situation is different than the OP... Instead of the $100 OBC I originally had, I now have $200. How can this be? Do you think it is an error?[/quote']

It sounds like you got to take advantage of the BOGO Getter promo that's going on now. That promo has it's own OBC than can be combined with OBC from booking on board.

That happened to us last week when there was a slight price drop on a cruse we had. Our TA got us the price drop, and also added $200 OBC to our booking.

It sounds like you got to take advantage of the BOGO Getter promo that's going on now. That promo has it's own OBC than can be combined with OBC from booking on board.

That happened to us last week when there was a slight price drop on a cruse we had. Our TA got us the price drop, and also added $200 OBC to our booking.

Thanks for the information. I will definitely take that.:)