Best time to arrive at Port

spintowin

Checking in for Mex riviera cruise this Sunday, Nov 29, I had to select a time for arrival/check-in. The earliest available was 2 pm. Have never checked in this late before. Is this a good or bad time? Or does it even matter? Would I avoid long lines by waiting till 3? I was not aware that you had to choose an arrival. Is this new or just for NCL at San Pedro? Thanks!

It's newer and not enforced. So Far!! Show up at a time that is most compatible with your schedule. We show up an hour before boarding starts to avoid the crowds and maximize time on the ship.

With all the changes that have occurred who knows when it will be. I hope for your sake that, having put 2pm, if you arrive at 10am hoping to beat the rush they don't decide to enforce the time you have chosen.

Mike

Keep in mind you have to checked not later than 90 min before scheduled departure . Since you have paid that first day , arrive at the between 10:30 and 11:00 to maximize your time on the ship.

I agree about getting the most out of the first day, you have paid for it as Kamloops50 states. It is good to get into the open MDR (closes at 2pm) and have a leisurely lunch before being able to drop your carry-on in your stateroom. Then you can explore before the Drill.

Mike