Druif beach?

nursemommy7578

Druif beach is across the street from Divi Village, and between Divi AI and Tamarjin. It is usually a wide, gorgeous stretch of beach. Unfortunately, mother nature has taken her toll on this area recently. The beach has almost disappeared, with the water coming close to the palapas next to the road. We have stayed at Divi several times, and the pictures that I have seen are shocking. I don't think that you can get wifi on the beach. The closest place to get drinks is across the road at Divi Village. There was a vendor renting chairs and umbrellas for the last several years, but I don't know where he would put them, considering the beach is about gone. I don't know when you are planning to be there. Hopefully, the beach conditions will start to improve soon. I'll be going by there on my morning walks in a few months, so I'll be able to report back on the conditions. Right now, there are much better choices.

The photo was taken in June... This cam is at the south end of Druif Beach http://www.casadelmar-aruba.com/webcam.html During daylight hours you can see there is little beach. Today waves were crashing OVER the rocks.

Lisa,

I'm still shocked every time I look at the webcam. I hope that there will be enough beach to walk every morning. If not, I'll head towards Amsterdam Manor.

Edited by Hatteras51

Lisa that picture you have is either from Divi AI or Tam, I thought the beach in front of Divi Village was big, we didn't use it 2 weeks ago when we where there, I wish I took notice. I do have some pics of the NCL Dawn arriving and the beach is the background. In May we used the beach once and I figure it was 300yards wide. Let us know when your there?

These are from the road.

ImageUploadedByForums1448679432.558326.jpg.d6fc2848aab7b50bbdc497fae9e70252.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1448679397.713053.jpg.7edcdd70b923baaa6d28875edbf4ed74.jpg

Lisa that picture you have is either from Divi AI or Tam, I thought the beach in front of Divi Village was big, we didn't use it 2 weeks ago when we where there, I wish I took notice. I do have some pics of the NCL Dawn arriving and the beach is the background. In May we used the beach once and I figure it was 300yards wide. Let us know when your there?

These are from the road.

[ATTACH]369738[/ATTACH][ATTACH]369739[/ATTACH]

Yes, the picture Lisa posted is over at the Tam, but the beach in front of Divi Village is just about gone. The beach is almost up to the palalpas by the street. I've never seen it that bad in all of my years going to Aruba.