Royal's 50th Anniversary 2018. What do you want?

Cruzin-K

So, Princess cruises turned 50 this year and they've had a few special things going on on the cruises. Apparently it's been nothing too major, but I believe they offered $50 OBC to people celebrating a 50th birthday or anniversary on a cruise this year, and had a few special little events on board, balloon drops, different photo setups to mark the 50th anniversary, etc. They're also doing a special anniversary cruise next week.

Royal Caribbean turns 50 in 2018. What kinds of things do you think Royal should do to mark the occasion on its cruises that year? I like the idea of some OBC like Princess did, but what else could they do to make it special? Maybe they'll read this and take some of the suggestions into consideration. There's still plenty of time :D

Royal Caribbean turns 50 in 2018. What kinds of things do you think Royal should do to mark the occasion on its cruises that year? I like the idea of some OBC like Princess did, but what else could they do to make it special? Maybe they'll read this and take some of the suggestions into consideration. There's still plenty of time :D

1) Fix its website

2) Replace the entire IT department

3) Whatever rules it has, make sure the entire fleet understands it.

Well, I'm going to list some things that would be fun.

Everyone on a cruise in 2018 gets a 50th anniversary gift, like a beach bag with RCI 50th embroidered on it or something like that.

Everyone gets a free 50th anniversary drink.

People celebrating a 50th birthday or 50th anniversary on Royal get $50 in OBC, and a 50th anniversary crystal block :D

A special 50th anniversary menu, with better food, in the MDR

A 50th anniversary party on board

Hit movies from 1968 playing in the theater, or on the pool screen, depending on the ship.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Can you enlighten me as to what these rules were pre-2008?

Thanks.

Combinations allowed: Next Cruise OBC, Shareholder OBC, C&A Discount, C&A Baclony Discount, VIsa points redemptions, WOW OBC, etc.

Prices drops granted up to 72 hours before sailing.

No repricing if someone is added ro removed from a booking.

Staff with period uniforms..

Shore excursions of the period..

Menus and drink prices of the period..

Cabin decor and amenities of the period..

Want that make people u comfortable..

Though if dinning was done as it was 50 years ago tuxedo and elegant designer dress merchants would have a field day[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I'm going to list some things that would be fun.

Everyone on a cruise in 2018 gets a 50th anniversary gift, like a beach bag with RCI 50th embroidered on it or something like that.

Everyone gets a free 50th anniversary drink.

People celebrating a 50th birthday or 50th anniversary on Royal get $50 in OBC, and a 50th anniversary crystal block :D

A special 50th anniversary menu, with better food, in the MDR

A 50th anniversary party on board

Hit movies from 1968 playing in the theater, or on the pool screen, depending on the ship.

I like your list and add to it: a promotion during 2017 awarding 50 free cruises for 2018 sailings.

1) Fix its website

2) Replace the entire IT department

3) Whatever rules it has, make sure the entire fleet understands it.

I still don't get it...

Because comparing RCCL's website to its sister company X. I have more problems with X. RCCL generally is working fine except for occasional down time of your crown and anchor status profile.

While for X, lately, I have problems managing my reservations.

Combinations allowed: Next Cruise OBC, Shareholder OBC, C&A Discount, C&A Baclony Discount, VIsa points redemptions, WOW OBC, etc.

Prices drops granted up to 72 hours before sailing.

No repricing if someone is added ro removed from a booking.

Excellent! We, too would love to see this in addition with a working webpage!

Great suggestions Bob.............how about adding to your list...........bringing back the "Diamonds in December" promotion.

I think that a new menu in the MDR is very much needed - maybe a flash back like Cruisin-K suggested.

A 50th Anniversary is typically "Golden" - maybe a promotion to win a free cruise that leaves from San Francisco - a Golden Gate itinerary.

I still don't get it...

Because comparing RCCL's website to its sister company X. I have more problems with X. RCCL generally is working fine except for occasional down time of your crown and anchor status profile.

While for X, lately, I have problems managing my reservations.

The current Royal Caribbean website is not user friendly. It may be working, but go back 18 months and not only did it work, it was easy to use.