Missing assigned Dinner

Yes, I thought the question was arrogant but I tried to be helpful. And then the poster states he's already been there last year. So I asked, why ask the question to begin with? But yes, questions can be arrogant. Imagine if someone came here and asked if it was okay to put their stuff on on a row of chairs poolside at 6 in the morning but they weren't planning on actually being out there until 1 in the afternoon but wanted to save themselves a good spot?

Seriously, you might want to refrain from attempting to tell others what to do. I'm not your husband.

I would rather someone ask if it's ok to save chairs vs just doing it and being inconsiderate. To me it shows that people actually give thought to others that they felt the need to ask if something is ok. Yes to me it's common sense but I realize that all types of people cruise. Everyone wasn't raised the same as me and yes many people lack common sense. So I say good for them for asking instead of just assuming. No question is a dumb question.

OMG, read post #36 and you'll see exactly where they have done this before. If this is one of the worst threads you've ever seen then you must not read much here. :rolleyes:

BTW, my reading comprehension is just fine but you calls yours into question by missing post #36. If someone doesn't want attitude don't ask a question and then 30+ posts later say you did the same thing the year before. Not to mention, the arrogance of the actual question......"Can I come to dinner in the MDR an hour late to my fixed time seating?". Really?????? Just who does that?????

I was in Cozumel last year but we only stayed in port until 6pm. I arrived at the main dining room at 6pm (on time). On that same cruise, on the last night, 2 tables that were around us, arrived at 45 minutes late at the main dining room, and were seated. I have never arrived late, I was just wondering if we were allowed, since we will be leaving port later.

Don't forget, Swirls is also open 24 hours :D

I would rather opt for food in port than anything on the Mexican Fiesta buffet. The taco meat on our Magic cruise was disgusting. I agree with the sensible people here that talking with the wait staff and maitre d' on the first night about the options on Cozumel night would be the best.

As to the OP indicating that they had done this on a prior cruise. I don't take that to mean they stayed in port late like they plan to do on their next cruise, just that they had been to Cozumel before and can vouch for sun set times. Of course, it is important to note that Cozumel is now on a different time zone than it had been in the past, so that could change the time of sun set when looking at local time.

I was in Cozumel last year but we only stayed in port until 6pm. I arrived at the main dining room at 6pm (on time). On that same cruise, on the last night, 2 tables that were around us, arrived at 45 minutes late at the main dining room, and were seated. I have never arrived late, I was just wondering if we were allowed, since we will be leaving port later.

I would think that since the ship is going to be in port so late, exceptions would be made for MANY people, but you'll probably be told on the ship. Those here who are trying to tell you what to do don't know the answers. They're just being rude.

Perhaps they're angry because they won't be on your cruise.

#36 happens to be your rude post. I'm assuming you may have meant what you quoted on post #36. If you actually read it, the OP is saying they were in the MDR, finishing a meal after the sun went down. Meaning they showed up to early dining and were finishing the meal. Where does it say they showed up late??? As I understand it, they did NOT stay late in port on that occasion, showed up on time in the MDR for early seating, saw people show up late or empty tables and were finishing up their meal as the sun set at 7:45.

You got it right on the nose. Thanks!

I agree that there are a lot of nasty threads, but usually - or at least it's my perception - that the OP is usually just as guilty at contributing to the nastiness. This is one of the first I've seen where the OP was genuinely asking for help and the majority of responses were insulting and accusatory. I feel like I want to apologize to the OP. Maybe I need to find a cruise board that's just as active as this one but has nicer members. Hmmmm.

Try the Princess board. Recently took my first Princess cruise, and was on that board. I was amazed how polite everyone was over there. No rudeness, no sniping, just folks trying to be helpful.

Try the Princess board. Recently took my first Princess cruise, and was on that board. I was amazed how polite everyone was over there. No rudeness, no sniping, just folks trying to be helpful.

You haven't been over there long enough, lol