I'm Still Not Sure I Understand: Help Me With My Math

trubey

Can someone help me out?

There's about 5 1/2 weeks left before my cruise. In checking my ta's website, I counted 19 rooms still available for booking. With 383 rooms on the ship, that's about 5 % left.

• Is it logical to conclude that 5% of the cruisers book a guarantee room?

• Is it logical to conclude that, generally speaking, the ship is now, literally booked solid and the (re)assignment of these available rooms should begin?

Or

• Are there really lots of other rooms available, they just don't show up on the normal ta website inquiry?

susana.

I'm not sure any website shows 100% of the rooms available or left available on a cruise. Certainly, from past experience, I know that even HAL's site doesn't make 100% of the available rooms visible. While it would appear that the cruise is not totally sold out today 5 1/2 weeks is lots of time for HAL to push the remainder to their high volume TA's for booking. I'm only guessing they have incentives to sell the cabins if they're truly having trouble filling the cruise.

The prices have come way down. There were specials on the lowest price Inside cabin for about a week and then two weeks later for the lowest price Outside. They still seem to have a lot left, though. I think the transatlantic may be hard to sell because of the problem with one-way air fares. Actually, my cruise is cheaper than the air!

Maybe I should check the HAL site for available cabins, they may show more. susana.

Archived