Internet Aboard Epic

NJ Fred

We sail on Epic 13 January. Presently considering pre-purchase of Internet service.

While I know this has been addressed re other NCL vessels, I ask it as it specifically concerns Epic; hoping someone has recent experience.

We will be in stateroom 14167. Will I be able to log on whilst in the stateroom and, if so, how are the speed and stability of connection?

My focal concern is email. No movies, streaming audio, etc.

Thanks in advance for any possible guidance.

Fred

Thank you for the response. I just purchased 250 minutes.

You should be fine for basic email (i.e. not a lot of pictures,,, and no videos).

Like all ships, it is satellite internet which suffers from latency to/from the satellite and the bandwidth off of the ship.

We were on the Epic last month after the 3-week dry dock, sailing from Southampton to Barcelona. We had decent service for the entire cruise from our stateroom and public areas (although, I'll admit that there was a wifi router right outside our room). We were uploading a lot of photos for folks asking about what the ship looked like after the refurbishment and had no problems.

The Epic is a great ship (last month was our 4th time on Epic). Have a wonderful cruise!