Escape Supper Club

Beaver1975

Is the Supper Club similar to Illusionarium on the Getaway? If so, what is the show and is it a fixed menu?

For The Record - apparently it is about the brat pack movies of the 80s (Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Ferris Beuller, etc.). I saw a menu and it serves a prix fixe menu appetizers, steak and prawns, dessert. I booked the 515 show and likely won't eat the heavy 3 course meal at that time so planning on going to MDR after show.

Edited by duchesslt

Is the Supper Club similar to Illusionarium on the Getaway? If so, what is the show and is it a fixed menu?

It is in the same physical space as the Getaway Illusionarium and Breakaway Cirque. It is a dinner show with a mashup of John Hughes movies (breakfast club, weird science, 16 candles, etc.). The actors sing and dance to movie songs of the 80's throughout the theater. Great fun!.

141d4f5ca9ef67d05d72c033ed2451ba.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

If you want to see clips from the show you can go to my youtube channel the shady c network. Actually recorded some video there.

Tsk Tsk, Shhhh! I wouldn't say that to loudly as it was 'against the rules to take photos or video due to copyright laws.

Harriet

Price is actually $35.34, not $34.95. This is $29.95 plus 18% gratuity / service charge.

There is (or was) some confusion about the cost when booking with SDP. I originally purchased an SDP, and was allowed to book at the rate of $17.70 ($15 plus 18%).

Two other parties in my group received SDP as a promo, and when they booked they were charged $26.50 per person ($22.46 plus 18%?). They both questioned this charge. They were told by NCL that these were for "floor seats". Well, all three of our reservations say "For the Record (floor)", and when booking without SDP there's no indication of two different price seats.

Earlier today my sister went in and tried to book again with her SDP, and all available show times were showing up as $17.70. She called NCL to ask why she was earlier charged $26.50 - and was again told that it may because of their seating location. She said everybody's reservations appear the same, yet some where charged $17.70 and others were charged $26.50. The NCL rep offered to adjust their previous booking to be $17.70 per person.

I suspect there was a wrong amount in the NCL system at one point, but it's possible this has since been addressed.

When does the fun start?

Price is actually $35.34, not $34.95. This is $29.95 plus 18% gratuity / service charge.

There is (or was) some confusion about the cost when booking with SDP. I originally purchased an SDP, and was allowed to book at the rate of $17.70 ($15 plus 18%).

Two other parties in my group received SDP as a promo, and when they booked they were charged $26.50 per person ($22.46 plus 18%?). They both questioned this charge. They were told by NCL that these were for "floor seats". Well, all three of our reservations say "For the Record (floor)", and when booking without SDP there's no indication of two different price seats.

Earlier today my sister went in and tried to book again with her SDP, and all available show times were showing up as $17.70. She called NCL to ask why she was earlier charged $26.50 - and was again told that it may because of their seating location. She said everybody's reservations appear the same, yet some where charged $17.70 and others were charged $26.50. The NCL rep offered to adjust their previous booking to be $17.70 per person.

I suspect there was a wrong amount in the NCL system at one point, but it's possible this has since been addressed.

When does the fun start?

As somebody who paid to see the show twice I can tell you that it's definitely worth it. It's ironic so far both of the page shows I've seen on the escape and the epic have been better than the freebie shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about booking a 3 day specialty dining package but I really only wanted the Supper club and Moderno. I thought this might be a better deal but I must be missing something with the Supper Club. If you figure the approx. value of a 3 day package at $23 per meal including tip and add the $17.70 upcharge it's basically costing you around $40 vs $35.34 if you book without the package. Am I missing something here? Moderno will cost me $7 more than the SDP price but I really don't care if I have any other specialties anyway saving about $40. Even if you bought the 3 day package it appears it's cheaper not to use the package for the Supper Club. Like I said, am I missing something. Appreciate your help. Thanks

while i haven't seen the for the record on the ship, i have seen it several times in los angeles, several of the shows including the john huges one, and it is fun.

basically, it is a loose story told by the songs from the movie, it jumps between movies.

if you liked the movies and songs from the movies, you will like this. it is very fun to watch.

Was thinking about booking a 3 day specialty dining package but I really only wanted the Supper club and Moderno. I thought this might be a better deal but I must be missing something with the Supper Club. If you figure the approx. value of a 3 day package at $23 per meal including tip and add the $17.70 upcharge it's basically costing you around $40 vs $35.34 if you book without the package. Am I missing something here? Moderno will cost me $7 more than the SDP price but I really don't care if I have any other specialties anyway saving about $40. Even if you bought the 3 day package it appears it's cheaper not to use the package for the Supper Club. Like I said, am I missing something. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Nope, you aren't missing anything. Others have also pointed out that the show is less expensive if you don't use an SDP meal.

I know this thread is about the Supper Club but just want to point out that Moderno should not incur any additional charge when using the SDP. We've got it as well but I don't see any mention of the additional $7 pp. Have I missed a change?

Thanks for the price comparison. No brainer here. Now I'm wondering about the Brenda Braxton dinner show. What are they charging pp and is it worth it to use SDP?

I know this thread is about the Supper Club but just want to point out that Moderno should not incur any additional charge when using the SDP. We've got it as well but I don't see any mention of the additional $7 pp. Have I missed a change?
They aren't talking about an upcharge. They are saying that if they pay the cover at Moderno without SDP, it costs $7 more than what they pay if they use it as one of their purchased SDP meals. If you buy the 3 day SDP, you are paying $23.21 per meal. If you buy the 4 day SDP, you are paying $21.83 per meal, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone let me know how seating is done for the Supper Club show? We are travelling with a few other couples. All of us booked the same show. What is the best way to make sure that we sit with or near each other for the show?

They seat first-come-first-serve. Doors open about 30 minutes before show time. Best to show up at least 45 minutes before show time and stand in line together. (Unless you are Havens guest where your Concierge will let you enter through a back door and you will be seated first).