Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

We just went down to breakfast and learned from a fellow passenger that the ship was delayed!!! No info from Princess. :(

Odd....during the 11/29 delay we got 3 e-mails from Princess and one from our TA. (forwarded her announcement from Princess)

BUT if the ship is in the channel now and they are expecting to dock about noon, I can see them waiting till they have definite info. If the ship has not entered the channel, they KNOW that the channel will take 3+ hours, so it is time to let people know.

GET FOOD before you head to the terminal. If you end up sitting, the vending machines will quickly empty and there is nothing available at the terminal.

It now is 12:45, we are sitting in the Elite Lounge and Caribbean Princess is docked. The staff here has been doing a terrific job keeping us informed (totally unlike Ft. Lauderdale when they have a problem).

We booked Princess transfers because of the many reports of problems, delays, etc. when sailing out of Houston. We are glad we did. When we arrived at the airport from our hotel this morning we got the news about the delay. They asked us to go to the Airport Marriott Hotel rather than wait at the airport for the busses. We caught a Princess transfer bus from there and arrived at the terminal at about 11:15.

We want to commend the staff here for keeping us informed of any and all changes. It will be a couple of hours before we will be able to process in and then board. But we are pleased at the way the Houston Jinx is being handled.

P&J

It now is 12:45, we are sitting in the Elite Lounge and Caribbean Princess is docked. The staff here has been doing a terrific job keeping us informed (totally unlike Ft. Lauderdale when they have a problem).

We booked Princess transfers because of the many reports of problems, delays, etc. when sailing out of Houston. We are glad we did. When we arrived at the airport from our hotel this morning we got the news about the delay. They asked us to go to the Airport Marriott Hotel rather than wait at the airport for the busses. We caught a Princess transfer bus from there and arrived at the terminal at about 11:15.

We want to commend the staff here for keeping us informed of any and all changes. It will be a couple of hours before we will be able to process in and then board. But we are pleased at the way the Houston Jinx is being handled.

P&J

Thanks for the update.

There are 35 groups for disembarkation. They just called the 8th group. People have jumped ahead of their assigned groups and are creating a problem in customs because their luggage is not there.

The delay was due to high winds in the channel and at Bayport. 40-45 knots, well above the ship's limitations. At least the wind blew the fog away.

There are 35 groups for disembarkation. They just called the 8th group. People have jumped ahead of their assigned groups and are creating a problem in customs because their luggage is not there.

I hope the adjusted embarkation time for today's passengers are not delayed further!

P&J

We were pleased with the communication, although the staff at the port can only communicate what THEY know.

We were told that the Princess computers and all other equipment is kept on the ship. When she docks, the computers are brought into the terminal along with the IT staff who sets them up and readies everything for check in. They said it would take about 2 - 2 1/2 hours for the set up and check in process, which was about the same times as required for disembarkation. Thus, about the same time the ship had emptied out, they would be ready to start boarding.

Have a great cruise!

I hope the adjusted embarkation time for today's passengers are not delayed further!

Not sure what time they told you but we are about 1/4th through the disembarkation groups. At the current rate the current passengers won't be off until 5pm-ish.

The staff is doing a great job- but they must be used to this in Houston. It's passengers who are trying to get off before they are assigned that are causing more and more delays.

Hang in there and dream of a drink from Fat Tuesdays in Mexico!

The delay was due to high winds in the channel and at Bayport. 40-45 knots, well above the ship's limitations. At least the wind blew the fog away.

A lot of people don't realize that there luggage won't be there if there in group 19 and group 3 is being called to debark. They have booked tight flights and are rude and don't care about the rules. This happens on every cruise not just the ones that are late. People are always trying to get off the ship early. Why do they think they have a order to get off and the bags placed so you can find them. i had a couple but in front of me as we were getting off the ship. He said were going to miss our flight. I asked him what group he was in and he told me. I said do you have luggage to pick up. Yes he said. I told him it won't be there till your number is called. Sure enough he was standing by his number with no bags there complaining to a representative.

We disembarked this afternoon. Overall, we had an amazing week and wonderful cruise. We are disappointed that there was not a better effort to disembark guests whose air schedules were not disrupted by the delayed arrival of Caribbean Princess.Our flight is scheduled to depart IAH at 510 and we have just arrived at the gate. We also had to push our way to disembark the ship and then after waiting 45 minutes for a Princess transfer bus to depart and on the advice of the bus company rep at the pier, we (and the other 6 people on the bus) grabbed a cab. Had we not looked out for ourselves, we would have greatly increased the probability we would have missed our flight. I dont like to do that, but Princess made it perfectly clear that people with independent air arrangements were responsible for their travel pans.

I think I'd rather be in Ft. Lauderdale, where a ship docking at noon

is way, way out of the ordinary, than to be in Houston and be

'informed' every other week of a serious delay, no matter how 'terrific [a] job' the

staff is doing.

And, there is another post from today where the poster said they

only learned of the delay from another passenger, and nothing

from princess...

Regardless this entire thread:

"Will Carribbean princess be late this week?"

...should be a sticky.

We disembarked this afternoon. Overall, we had an amazing week and wonderful cruise. We are disappointed that there was not a better effort to disembark guests whose air schedules were not disrupted by the delayed arrival of Caribbean Princess.Our flight is scheduled to depart IAH at 510 and we have just arrived at the gate. We also had to push our way to disembark the ship and then after waiting 45 minutes for a Princess transfer bus to depart and on the advice of the bus company rep at the pier, we (and the other 6 people on the bus) grabbed a cab. Had we not looked out for ourselves, we would have greatly increased the probability we would have missed our flight. I dont like to do that, but Princess made it perfectly clear that people with independent air arrangements were responsible for their travel pans.

Glad the cruise was good.

It now is just after 6 pm, we are in our cabin, have met our steward (already doing an excellent job), and are awaiting our luggage.

There still are many, many folks to embark.

The emergency drill is set for 9:30 tonight. Thus far no mention of sail away time.

Hopefully, the return to Bayport will go better.

P&J

It now is just after 6 pm, we are in our cabin, have met our steward (already doing an excellent job), and are awaiting our luggage.

There still are many, many folks to embark.

The emergency drill is set for 9:30 tonight. Thus far no mention of sail away time.

Hopefully, the return to Bayport will go better.

P&J

Glad things are progressing. Hopefully departure won't be too late.

Edited by Colo Cruiser